(NOAH) Post match interviews ~Tokorozawa Citizen Gymnasium Sub Arena, (Friday, February 22nd 2019, "Navigation For The Progress", NIGHT THREE)


MINORU TANAKA
"Iwasaki-kun, Ishii-kun*, I might not have been the one who won, but opposite us was the champion, Daisuke Harada. Up until now I have been getting the three count, I've made submissions. I have worn various belts, New Japan, All Japan, ZERO-1, WRESTLE-1, FMW..
The last belt I want in Japan, is the GHC Junior. It is right before me, if I do not get it, it is not a good situation. So, as I said in the interview with "Weekly Pro", my second request is for the main event at the Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium on March 10th, and I will not give up. I will win at the main event in Yokohama!"

*Honorific, less formal than san and used in this case by a senior to a junior. For example, Marufuji addressed Kenoh as "Kenoh-kun", and Kenoh did it back to him as he was being very rude as he was indicating that it was he, and not Marufuji, who was the senior.


EDDIE EDWARDS
Q: Looking back at the match?
EDWARDS: I am happy to come back to Noah, which is on a higher level than it was when I was here before. I have also evolved from then. I will return to my second home of Korakuen, and fight with respect (rough translation).
Q: You shook hands with Kitamiya?
EDWARDS: Exactly, it's respect...I'll see you at Korakuen. Let's do our best. Kitamiya is the a former tag champion, and he is a wrestler I would do a championship match with at any time.
Q: What about Kotoge, who is missing?
EDWARDS: Kotoge-san! When you get better, lets aim for the tag belts again!


MASA KITAMYA
"He thought he would be coming to Japan for a title match, but it seems that has gone because of the injury. Still, a single with me has been organised at Korakuen. Even if a title match has not been made, an intense match is always waiting at Pro Wrestling Noah. This will not be easily digestible. Remember that, Eddie Edwards. Anyway, I will win! That is all!"


50 FUNKY POWERS
Q: With Kotoge injured, you will be defending against Shiozaki & Nakajima?
YONE: Well, first of all, sorry about Kotoge! From my point of view, I think that the real completion of the revolution can be through fighting with us. It is a shame that we couldn't do the title match, but...new challengers have arrived!
STORM: Yeah, baby! Shiozaki! Nakajima! The last time we lost, revenge at Korakuen, baby! New tag team generation! 50 Funky Powers!
Q: What about Shiozaki and Nakajima?
YONE: They are strong in the sense that they got together to foul play, but we can do that too! The Afro is also of that class! Storm's arm is also of that foul play rank! It is the same foul play that we have had for a long time, so it won't take us long! They may be strong with the power of "individuals", where as we have been tagging for many years, don't you know?!
STORM: Yeah, its written on the belt! Teamwork, 50FP! Sunday we will win! HA! 50 Funky Powers, you know why? Can't stop!
YONE: Won't stop!
STORM: Won't stop!
YONE: Goin'...goin...GOIN!!


THE BACKBREAKERS
Q: Cracks are forming between Ogawa and Kotaro?
OHARA: Well, that's not really anything to do with us. For myself, well, recently I had a good opportunity to spread the belt by the Sports Association at Kawasaki, and when I received a letter of appreciation from Nakahara Station, its a good opportunity at PR. Further to defending the belt, the company has become a new regime, and I want to make good waves for the fiscal year. I want to promote Noah outside of wrestling. I will fight to the last to defend this belt, and go to Yokohama in March.
Q: Kumano, what are your thoughts towards Kotaro and Ogawa?
KUMANO: In the outpost fights, Kotaro Suzuki has been the beginning and the end. I have respect for both of them. He is a strong opponent, but if we win, the Backbreakers can go to the upper stage again.
Q: There are a lot of strong thoughts that Kumano has, and he has had the victory over them. I think that makes sense. I hope it will be a good fight in the spring.
KUMANO: With this belt and having it over the past year, I am planning to do more. I want to defend, win the next title match, and even aim for a singles belt.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments