(NOAH) Post match interviews: "HIGHER GROUND 2020" Night 1 ~ Yokohama Radiant Hall, Friday February 7th.


YO-HEY

YO-HEY: Eh, it is February 7th today, yesterday..yes, yesterday was February 6th, the day when I became green peas. That's right, February 6th is also the day I wanted to eat tomato fish. The opponent is Junta. Had hundreds and hundreds of matches...excuse me, I lied a little...hehehe...about 50 matches...hehehe, I lied again (laughs). Well, this is true, I could have a match without an injury at "Demon's Yokohama Radiant". Last time I collapsed with a heart attack, what was the time before that? There was an incident when the ring finger of the left foot could not be taken*, but this time I'm fine.
Q: Your junior tag challenge has been refused?
YO-HEY: That's right. I confess, I have never been rejected by a woman, but Kotaro Suzuki and Atsushi Kotoge have rejected me, it's so disappointing. The opponent says "I like it, I really like it, I really like the title match". I want to easily raise their motivation. I can see it now!
It leaves doing Kotoge's revolutionary pose.

*I have no idea what he means, unless he's talking about having a Morton's Toe.


STINGER (KOTARO SUZUKI & ATSUSHI KOTOGE)

Q: Have you changed your attitude towards rejecting HAYATA & YO-HEY'S challenge?
KOTARO: It won't change. In the New Year I said that "I will accept any challenge" and we got a challenge (Haoh and Nioh), it looks like weak bullying...so I won't do it.
KOTOGE: Already it's "RATELS again", and unfortunately for them, we won today too.
KOTARO: If you do it without caring, then the value of this belt will drop more and more.
Q: It feels as if you have spun 180 degrees...
KOTARO: What I mean is that it is like a "stock price". It fluctuates every day! No! I regret it! I'm going to stop this! (He means that he didn't think about the consequences when he made the original statement that anyone could challenge)
Q: So, from now on the title match will be no way as much as possible?
KOTARO: NO! Do something resolute! If you win by pinning one of us, you can challenge us. If you can do that, then we will do it. Until then, the answer is like this...

Kotoge and Kotaro cross arms to make an X mark


DAISUKE HARADA

"I have many regrets. The first match after winning Global Junior League, I lost to the champion. However, the title match has not been set, even though I won. I can't figure out the reason why it hasn't been made, but I will take the belt from Yoshinari Ogawa."


TAKASHI SUGIURA

Q: The pre-match began today, how was fighting Kiyomiya?
SUGIURA: Oh? Not enough. Was I not enough? So, why not just take it? Betting on this wrestler life.
Q: Is there a clear difference from when you have faced Kiyomiya in the past?
SUGIURA: Oh, because he's always a champion. Even when for just a moment he ran ahead of me, so I was naturally bitter (rough).
Q: You are not going to hand it over?
SUGIURA: I won't give way. As I have said many times, "I have no other chance", huh? There is no time left. I will be 50 this year. I don't know how many more years I can do pro wrestling. I won't give up.
Q: There is a sense of danger or bloodlust coming from Sugiura...
SUGIURA: I'm irritated with everything. Noah has nothing to do with it, but as a person, I have a sense of crisis...
Q: You said that "I am glad I got into pro wrestling."
SUGIURA: It was good to enter Noah, it was good to be able to wrestle in Noah, and that is how I want to end
Q: I've been thinking for a long time that Noah will improve ... but there is a harsh reality that it will not be easy.
SUGIURA: Yes, that's right.
Q: Is there something you think was a success...
SUGIURA: What? I'm successful. It's not just about Noah, I'm an individual, how many years have I lived as a wrestler?
Q: Be careful of someone... (rough)
SUGIURA: AH! Until now should I care for anyone? What's with you?!
Q: Then...(reporter is confused about the question)
SUGIURA: Enough, this is over!


GO SHIOZAKI

Q: You won the main on the first night of the February tour?
SHIOZAKI: That is the role of those who have the GHC. That is my role, but it is also thanks to everyone's voice. No matter how hard it is, and with this much heat and with everyone's voices, you can stand up again and again.
Q: The fight with Kazuyuki Fujita has been decided?
SHIOZAKI: As I said, I won't let Noah become a mud boat. It won't sink. That's my role.
Q: Personally, how is Fujita for you?
SHIOZAKI: I knew that he is very strong, however, his attack is more than you can imagine. The strength he puts behind it is more than you can imagine. Each shot is powerful. I don't really have the image of it being a Japanese wrestler, he reminds me more of a big foreign wrestler...that is the image I have. It may even be more than a foreign wrestler...but because he is such an opponent, that is why I can't afford to lose. 
Q: He is said to be the last heir of Inokism, he is born, raised and wrestles differently from yourself?
SHIOZAKI: It is another challenge for me, to protect Noah, and to protect the GHC. I will fight Kazuyuki Fujita, stronger than I have ever been before, to protect this belt.
Q: How will you fight when there are days ontour when there are no pre-matches?
SHIOZAKI: That is what makes it frightening, at each event I will fight with the image and the presence of "Kazuyuki Fujita".
Q: Outside of the ring, a new system has been established, and some fans are worried.
SHIOZAKI: I will blow away that anxiety, and protect Noah!

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp
Picture credit: Noah.co.jp

Comments