"Retired due to illness?" Did not! Noah's former monster, Takeshi Morishima, returns on the 15th October for the first time in three and a half years.


On the 9th after about three and a half years, former pro-wrestler, Takeshi Morishima (39) will return as revealed in an interview with this newspaper. His resurrection will come in a singles match (opponnent to be announced) at "GENESIS - The Return of Takeshi Morishima" to be held at Korakuen Hall on the 15th October. At July 10th at Riki Chosu's "Power Hall", he is determined to announce his return to the ring.
The monster of 190 centimeters and 125 kilos will return.

In April 2015, Morishima announced his retirement due to illness. He planned to retire in September of the same year but this was cancelled due to his condition* at the time. At the end of the year his contract with Noah expired, after which he distanced himself from the wrestling world.
Morishima says that the condition was not the real reason.
"I was barely in a good mental state as well as a physical one. I have left a hole, and even now people are concerned about me. After leaving wrestling I worked as a clerk in a pizza store, as a bartender, a security guard for concert venues in Tokyo. I did this for two years away from wrestling. Last summer, I was asked to coach a local indie organisation, at that time my dormant passion for pro-wrestling was rekindled."
(Morishima also mentions that he obtained a qualification in nursing care).
"While teaching the basics, I thought "What has happened to me"? So after a while, All Japan came to Gifu and I bought a ticket and went to see them. That is when I understood that I was hungry for professional wrestling. I was not in a position to go to the waiting room, and ask to see Jun Akiyama and greet him, but I wanted to thank him. I didn't need time to think about a return. I trained again, and my weight fell to 110 (from 170) and then went back to 125. I told the backers about my intention to return, and Mr. Yuhiro Takeda (46) of the company who sponsors the Choshu Box Office said, "you want to set up a card suitable for your return with a singles match". I was given the opportunity to announce it at the Choshu produce.
I don't know what the future will bring, it may fall apart with the come back match, afterwards I think the future will be visible for the first time."

Morishima will reach his 40th birthday on the day of his return.
The man who was the GHC Heavyweight and tag champion is not dead.
The monster is back. 

Link to original article from Yahoo Japan (in Japanese)
*Diabetes


Comments