(NOAH) Sugiura facing Akiyama for the first time in five years and eight months, gives the message "I don't feel I will enjoy this reunion"


Yahoo.co.jp
21st August 2018

Noah's GHC Heavyweight champion, Takashi Sugiura (48) has sent a message to All Japan's Jun Akiyama (48) who he will meet in a reunion match for the first time in five years and eight months on the 1st September at Naomichi Marufuji's Box Office "Flight". Takashi Sugiura and GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion (31), will face All Japan's Jun Akiyama and Atsushi Aoki (40).
"Both Harada and I will stand in front of the people who left Noah, both of us having belts. This is the best situation!" He cannot wait for the match.

After the match on December 9th 2012, when Akiyama and Aoki et al's withdrawal from Noah was revealed, (it doesn't translate well, but I think he was saying something like he'd only do a match with them if it was necessary). The venue is the same place.

Sugiura says "I don't know how I will feel standing in the ring at that time. What does he think? I am not sure I am going to enjoy this reunion". Despite all of this, he cannot hide the special feelings, especially for Akiyama.
"You have put it on, but since you turned away, the GHC Champion is me. Go through me now at Sumo Hall. I have evolved since then, I am stronger."

On September 2nd at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, he will gave his fifth defensive match against Masa Kitamiya (29). "I want to show Kitamiya this is a high wall, and you can go beyond if you cross it." There are high feelings towards the two matches were both the past and the present of the ark will interlace.

Please click here to go to original article from Yahoo.co.jp (in Japanese)

Comments