"I am sorry for being weak" Takeshi Morishima's return match cancelled due to septic arthritis surgery.


14th September 2018
Tokyo Sports Web

It was discovered today that Noah's former monster, Takeshi Morishima (39), has had to cancel his return event at Korakuen Hall on October 14th, as announced by the sponsorship company.

In April 2015, Morishima had to retire due to an injury to the right shoulder (or liver disease*) after being active in both Noah and All Japan Pro Wrestling, but in July 2018 he expressed a desire to return. It was later announced that he would have his return match against Noah's Takashi Sugiura (48).

However, during running on 10th of September, he was rushed to hospital in Tokyo after developing a severe pain in one of his feet, and after an examination "septic arthritis" was diagnosed and he underwent surgery on the 13th. The doctor has advised that it will take more than four weeks to recover, and he will need to postpone his return to action. Subsequently, the event has been cancelled.

Morishima said in a statement sent via fax, "Everyone involved in the effort for my return, everyone involved at Pro-Wrestling Noah, Takashi Sugiura, President Uchida, everyone who is cheering for me, every media company, everyone who has been waiting for this, I am sorry to have betrayed your kindness, and I bow in apology. I am truly sorry, and I am sorry for being weak. I want to return, and so I want to recover as soon as possible and stand in the ring. I am sorry for being selfish and making you worry".

Link to original article from Yahoo Japan\Tokyo Sports Web (in Japanese)

*Untrue. He had raised enzymes due to possible diabetes, not actual liver disease.

Comments