(NOAH) "I want to build up these league matches to be a standard for the future" - mini interview with Daisuke Harada (Global Junior League, 2018)


7TH September 2018
Noah.co.jp

Q: This is the first Global Junior League for three years, and you have decided to participate as GHC Junior Champion?

HARADA: The timing is good. Even if I did win the league last time, there are a few players in it who were in it then. I want to challenge with a fresh feeling.

Q: After winning the belt in October of last year, you have defended six times, are there rivals in the Noah Juniors?

HARADA (answer doesn't translate well), he says at the end though he would like to "create a new record" and be "REBORN".

Q: Who are you looking forward to facing the most in A Block?

HARADA: Everyone is fun to fight with, and I will defininitely win against whomever for the championship. I am not going to say such typical things, because it is useless to take anything for granted as champion.

Q: Who will win? Naturally you see yourself in first place?

HARADA: That's right. I would like to make this a league where we can do our best and do whatever we can to leave good results and satisfy our audience.

Q: There is a sense of excitement among Noah Jnrs, you declared that you wanted to excite and so announced the first single league, do you have a sense of accomplishment for what you have done so far?

HARADA: No, not yet. The number of people is small for the league, and so I am not satisfied with that. It will be held for the first time in three years since it was last held, and I would like to make this an annual event.

Q: Is this a passing point for your destination?

HARADA: The thought of this being a start is strong. I want to make this a league which leads to the future.

Q: At Sumo Hall, Kotaro Suzuk declared "the current Noah Juniors are the weakest", his participation has been decided, and he will enter into A Block, the same as you?

HARADA: Yes. As for that and what I said at Korakuen the other day (September 2nd), I meant every word. Noah Jnr's are not sorry!

Q: Finally, please give your thoughts for the league matches?

HARADA: I want to build up these league matches to be a standard for the future

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)

Comments