"The match against Harada will be the opening victory" mini interview with Hajime Ohara (Global Junior League 2018)


6th September 2018
Noah.co.jp

Q: "Global Junior League 2018" is about to start. Please tell us your thoughts.

OHARA: It is the first time in three years, but I think it would be better for them to periodically hold the league as a regular event. I think that both wrestlers and fans would look foward to it once a year. YO-HEY's speech at Korakuen was exquiste timing, and I think it being held as a result was good. Anyway, I would like to make the Juniors league meaningful in various ways.

Q: You have been entered into A block, which wrestlers are you most interested in?

OHARA: I don't mind, I am looking forward to everyone. I don't get much of an opportunity to do singles matches. It is Daisuke Harada that I think is the most important in the competition. I have been doing this for a long time with Harada, each time we fight, I think it is amazing, it is a card that can penetrate the audience. Each time, I become a new person when I do it. This time it will be a match in the opener.
I think that this the best time for me in terms of my condition and vareer. I don't know whether there will be other singles with Harada in the future, and there is no guarantee of it. So I want to fight in this league without regret. I want it to be seen by many people. Wrestlers and promotions are not the same, so it is impossible to see everything. I cannot predict the future, and I want to cherish the present without mutual regret.

Q: Your partner, Hitoshi Kumano, has entered the same block. It will be the first match after a long time.

OHARA: Since teaming with Kumano to form the Backbreakers, I think it is a very important time, although as a team our result is not conspicuous. Kumano has certainly changed since being in the Backbreakers, and I think that he will definitely show you the current Hitoshi Kumano in the league matches. I have strength like Kumano, and I want to be honest, I'm not a tough type. 

Q: Kotaro Suzuki has decided to participate in Global Junior League 2018, and he has been entered into the same block. On the 1st of September, you heard his remark, "Noah Juniors are the weakest now"

OHARA: In the junior division, the two people who have fought with Kotaro Suzuki are Yoshinari Ogawa and Daisuke Harada. I think a few people know him. I think that historically, it is very important to experience Kotaro Suzuki in Noah Junior, I heard his comment "You don't know me? The audience knows who I am", and ib saying that it is implied that what he said, and the reactions of the audience, were to say that we don't know who he is and that "Noah Juniors are weak now". I didn't think that was good. However, on the upside, the athletes and the fans caught the incendiary in this remark as a result that "it is not so different". Had he responded well, then it would have been something different. Despite that, Sumo Hall was really good. I think that "Hajime Ohara" is a wrestler who has not encountered Kotoro Suzuki that much. Unlike other Japanese wrestlers, I made my debut in CMLL Mexico. So he will experience Noah Juniors not, including myself, who is not a sterotypical wrestler.

Q: Please give us your thoughts at the end?

OHARA: I think the tournament should be held every year. I want to make the Noah Juniors attractive! I think that the role of the protagonist is heavy, but the Noah Juniors are good, and we will do pro-wrestling that is loved by everyone. If you think that Noah is the best, and it makes you happy, then Mui Bien. Who will win the championship, please come and see. Thanking you in advance. Mui Bien at the venue!

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)

Comments