(NOAH) "I have come to win" ~ mini interview with Kazusada Higuchi.


25th October 2018
Noah.co.jp

Q: You have decided to participate in "Global League 2018" for the first time
HIGUCHI: I was surprised, and I only found out recently. When the company told me, I said "okay", but I was amazed. No way I thought Noah would call me.
Q: What is your impression of Pro-Wrestling Noah?
HIGUCHI: I have been watching it on Nikko Teresitas in Hokkaido for a long time. I never expected to go there, it is the stage I have been longing for.
Q: And the stage you had been longing for, was Global League?
HIGUCHI: That's right! I was so surprised at being able to participate in Noah, that when I was told I was going to be in Global League, I thought "Umm", I was a mess! (laughs)
Q: On the 4th October, the moment you were announced at Korakuen Hall to be participating in Global League, a huge cheer went up.
HIGUCHI: I have heard that from various people, and I am truly grateful for it.
Q: You have been put in B Block with the current GHC Heavyweight Champion, Takashi Sugiura. Mohammed Yone, Go Shiozaki, Atsushi Kotoge, Kaito Kiyomiya, Maybach Taniguchi and Cody Hall are also entered.
HIGUCHI: It is perfect to experience promotions like Pro Wrestling Noah, A block is amazing, but I am a member of B block.


Q: First of all, you must defeat these members in order to win the championship
HIGUCHI: Well, there is no other choice other than to say its going to be fun.
Q: Your first round match will be played on the 7th November at Korakuen Hall?
HIGUCHI: Well, I have been watching on Nikko Teresitas and thought there were amazing wrestlers. There was also the time in DNA, at that time I was unable to have a match with them, but I have a longstanding desire to fight with them, so this is good timing. In April, at Kawada's HOLY WAR, I tagged with Kiyomiya and Shiozaki. Because Shiozaki uses reverse chops, which I also use, I am thinking that I will do it also to avoid losing.
Q: You would intentionally challenge?
HIGUCHI: Yes. I want us to get to know each other.
Q: Who are the other wrestlers you are conscious of in B block?
HIGUCHI: The GHC Heavyweight Champion, Takashi Sugiura.
Q: Even for a Noah wrestler, a singles match with Sugiura other than a title match, is not easy.
HIGUCHI: Although I have watched the others on TV and read about them in magazines, Sugiura is the one I have always followed, and he is now the current champion. He has already defended six times, right?
Q: He has defended against Atsushi Kotoge, Naomichi Marufuji, Kenoh, Go Shiozaki, Masa Kitamiya, and Katsuhiko Nakajima.
HIGUCHI: I guess the wrestlers are tough! I am excited about it. I am looking forward to it. I mean, I am looking forward to all the matches that I am having.
Q: Naturally, because you are aiming for the victory, who are the wrestlers you are conscious of in A Block that you will fight if you advance to the championship?
HIGUCHI: Marufuji took our KO - D tag belt and I succeeded in getting it back, but I want revenge because he defeated me in a pre-match singles before that. Then there is Katsuhiko Nakajima! Nakajima has had a singles in DNA before, and there is a feeling that I want a bit of revenge.
Q: There are some wrestlers who you have also experienced in A block?
HIGUCHI: Yes, that's right. Masa Kitamiya has come out, other than that there are the wrestlers I have been watching for a long time, Akitoshi Saito, Kenoh, Quiet Storm and Mitsuya Nagain. There is also Kohei Sato.
Q doesn't translate well, but its about participation from other promotions.
HIGUCHI says that Kohei Sato is an old friend, and he thinks it would be interesting if they met in the finals. He says he is looking forward to it no matter who wins, but naturally he wants to win the championship.
Q: Koukei Iwasaki of GAMBARE Pro Wrestling, had a great fight against Kenoh on the 4th October at Korakuen Hall.
HIGUCHI: I heard it was wonderful wasn't it? The way Iwasaki came to Noah and got such an evaluation. I am a representative of DDT, and have a feeling that I don't want to have an embarrassing match.
Q: As you mentioned earlier, Marufuji took the KO-D tag, and you are looking for the GHC Belt?
HIGUCHI: Well, if I can maintain a reasonable result in Global League, I think that it is a major premise to win first before speaking about it.
Q: Please give your thoughts to Noah fans at the end of the interview.
HIGUCHI: I am revising DDT Pro-Wrestling's Kazusada Higuchi. I am really looking forward to standing on Noah's wonderful Global League stage. The visitors will ask what kind of wrestler is this DDT wrestler named Higuchi? I look forward to it. I am happy if you get such a sense of it. I will do my best, so please support me!

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)

Comments