(NOAH) "If I win Global League, I can prove this will be my year" ~ mini interview with Naomichi Marufuji


27th October 2018
Noah.co.jp

Q: This will be your seventh consecutive Global League appearance. You won the league in 2015, but what are you currently feeling?
MARUFUJI: This is a speciel year for me, and while various things remain, in the end I think I want to keep having results with Noah. I can only think of the League matches.
Q: You are going into this years Global League as tag champion in this "special year"
MARUFUJI: When it comes to championships, only singles tend to get the most attention, but tags are also an established group. I think I would like to keep having results as tag champion with Saito, my partner, and fulfill having singles.
Q: On the 17th November, you will be facing your tag partner, Akitoshi Saito.
MARUFUJI: I have been over this many times, I have been watching Akitoshi Saito, who like glue has weathered the storm, I think there are a lot of things to be cautious about, but I want to win and get results.
Q: This year will be the second singles league following All Japan's Champion Carnival?
MARUFUJI: Well, I won Champion Carnival, and if I win Global League, I can prove this is "my year".
Q: You have participated a lot in other promotions this year, and have had a pretty hard schedule. How are you?
MARUFUJI: It has been pretty hard, hasn't it? But, I did not get injured, and I am self-confident of the condition caused, so I have to think quickly.
Q: On the 30th October, you meet Katsuhiko Nakajima in the opening night at Korakuen?
MARUFUJI: I understand he is on a roll from the title match with Takashi Sugiura. Well, as I have been saying for a long time, I would like to prove to him and the watching fans, that he cannot win.
Q: In your second round at Korakuen Hall on the 8th November, you have a match with Kenoh, who has persistently requested a singles match?
MARUFUJI: Good for Kenoh. It was nice that the company arranged this. I am looking forward to it.
Q: On November 22nd in Sendai, you will face Kohei Sato, who you lost to in Yokohama in October 2012?
MARUFUJI: Even though this is a league match, it is nice to have a chance for revenge. He is a strong opponent, but I will exceed him.
Q: Who do you want to face in the finals?
MARUFUJI: No one yet, but its ok; I only have to aim for the win.
Q: Please give some words at the end
MARUFUJI: I would like to end my 20th anniversary by challenging for the belt at the end of the year, which I want to finish in the best way.


Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)


Comments