(NOAH) "Global League 2018" Kaito Kiyomiya winner interview



26th November 2018
Noah.co.jp 

Q: How are you feeling on the morning after victory?
KIYOMIYA: Thank you for coming today. It hasn't really sunk in that I have won yet. I don't feel like the battle is over, battle mode is not turned off, I am concentrating on the belt as I think that is the best thing to do.
Q: Looking back on the match with Nakajima?
KIYOMIYA: He is such a frightening wrestler, overflowing with a thirst for blood, I kept thinking "this is going to be hopeless"
Q: The heavyweight challenge against Sugiura, has been officially decided for the 16th December in Yokohama?
KIYOMIYA: Noah's face is already Sugiura and Marufuji...I think its time to change those times, and so I definitely want to win the belt.
Q: Although this was a miraculous breakthrough for you, how is it when you look back over the whole league match?
KIYOMIYA: It was an awfully tough league battle, but I wonder if luck was on my side, and my power grew. I guess I have come far with the support of various people.
Q: Are you surprised that you could not fight Marufuji in the finals?
KIYOMIYA: It is a regret. I had put it my mind that I would overcome Marufuji ay once, and my energy was set for that purpose. I think I want to challenge once the injury is better.
Q: It has been (almost) a year since you returned home. Everyday you moaned "one more step", what kind of feelings have you been going through?
KIYOMIYA: Would you say it had been a terrible and frustrating year? When I first came back, I was self confident, but then I had single matches and made no results. So the outcome was that there where ups and downs in my equilibrium​, but for this one big league match I will take all the feelings. I have come so far, and I want to break through the rest.
Q: You could not win against everyone in this league, but you have broken through in one step?
KIYOMIYA: Even through the painful period, regarding matches, I always thought I would like to have a theme, and therefore I challenged with various things. I increased my body mass once, but I felt that was not quite suitable for Noah at the moment...and so with experience, I changed it a little...and it seemed that I was able to do various things while doing it, so it seems that I was able to do it while challenging various things, and buds sprouted. Since the league, while not everyone is in good condition and in , I wonder if the wind blew in a good direction.
Q: What is Sugiura's presence to yourself?
KIYOMIYA (after thinking about it): He is someone who provokes a lot of thought. I debuted and thought, "he is so strong", and Sugiura let me enter as one of his followers, and I was taken care of. Because I had a great deal of attention, I think that meaning will come out because I will exceed Sugiura. Whoever is the strongest champion, I want surpass them.
Q: In the official league, you won by rounds, but will next be the perfect three count?
KIYOMIYA: Yes, of course, I'd like to pin his shoulders firmly.
Q: It has been a year since the six Super New Generation army members aimed for him, and all five of them have lost, you have become "the last arrow?"
KIYOMIYA: "I want to change the era", everyone thinks that their feelings are the same. I went abroad, and thought about various things by the time I returned to Noah, thinking "it is useless to challenge". Although I lost, I have kept that thought for a year, and now I do not want to lose to anyone. I want to "change the times", and I want to compete with that feeling.
Q: It is not surprising that your first match was when you had the shaved head (of a trainee), so I think in three years of your career, you will feel a "special expectation" in the league, but what is the pressure?
KIYOMIYA: I do not really feel pressure. However, the sense of responsibility has grown in this league, and I am "resigned" to it. It is also a matter of winning the league by having a single match, but I was able to feel the weight of the promotion by winning the league (rough)
Q: How do you feel about being dressed in Misawa green again after finishing the league?
KIYOMIYA: I believe that green is the symbol of Noah, so I want to strongly consist of this I think.
Q: If you win, you will be the youngest champion in GHC Heavyweight history, are you aware of the record?
KIYOMIYA: I understand that there is a record, but for now, I want to set my sight on the belt.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)

Comments