(NOAH) "Come At Me You Bastards" ~ Kenoh's column (13th February 2019)

Q: How was the contract renewal?
KENOH: I thought being the GHC Heavyweight Champion would be something that was included when I went to the contract meeting, but the company had not changed (bitter smile). It was supposed to be good news. Numerically, I've certainly made a lot of contributions to the company. Finally now, the company is taking note of all the things I was saying during my champion era. Such as "leaving Misawa", which I said at the time...
Q: Today it happened without warning.
KENOH: For coming up with "leaving Misawa", I would like to have a copyright fee added to it. I also want a fee for producing Kaito Kiyomiya.
Q: How was the content in the contract?
KENOH: It has changed a lot. The liabilities got bigger with the last contract, and the company didn't have it. It is good to change (rough translation)
Q: What part has changed?
KENOH: I don't want to say it here.
Q: You don't have to say too much.
KENOH: During Uchida's era. the contracts were almost the same as Akira Taue's. It was the old world professional wrestling donburi allowance*. It deserved to collapse. This time though, it has changed a lot and it means it can be viewed seriously. Now is the strongest era of New Japan, and it is tough for everywhere else. The contract showed me how severe the conditions were, and the current state of Noah is once again shown in numbers. But now, I wonder why I am having so many opening matches? Last time I main-evented for most of the year, and fought to end the era of Marufuji, Sugiura etc. I don't know whether the company has changed or not, but why is it always Inamura (Yoshiki) and Okada (Kinya)...WHY IS IT?
Q: In January of this year, you were defeated by the heavyweight champion, its not a good start.
KENOH: ....
Q:.....
KENOH: I understand its bad if I cannot get results. It can't be helped to be put in the first match, but its not my time to decay in such a place.
Q: That is positive.
KENOH: Getting back to the story, as the contract renewal of other sports changes, it will be reported as the estimated annual salary what will be exposed? Isn't it a stick used to estimate the pro-wrestling industry this year? (rough).
Q: How much were you presented with in the contract?
KENOH: I can't really talk about it, the contract renewal is about money and even if that part isn't revealed, there are various dramas. There were a lot of things when I left Michinoku. This week, its the 2000 issue of "Weekly Pro". I was on the cover then*, but the number one spot is the 2000th edition. The good part of wrestling, is that the contract becomes part of it. From looking at Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi, you can understand New Japan's official announcement, and even KENTA seems to finished his contract with WWE. I wonder what ring he will choose next? If Noah is renewing company contracts, try signing KENTA.
Q: I would like to ask you a question.
KENOH: As far as the contract goes, until now I was handed the paper and I stamped my signature on it. This time I spoke to the company properly, and explained my situation. My motivation rose. I talked to Hiroyuki Suzuki, the owner about it, it was a perfect first meeting, but I could not forgive how businesslike it was.
Q: What do you mean?
KENOH: I heard about the owner from someone last year.
Q: The Boss? (Takeshi Morishima)

Kenoh never actually says, but starts talking about cars in paragraph that doesn't really translate well, but those of you who like cars, he seems to drive a "Mirais" Daihatsu, and wants a new one.

Q: The pride in your small car has come out?
KENOH: I can't get a good car if I leave Noah. I will aim to "leave behind the first match"! I will aim to get back to the top of Noah, and bring it up in the contract next year.
Q: Did you sign the contract?
KENOH: I will remain at Noah! 
Q: I am relieved to hear that.
KENOH: The thing I liked best about this years contract is that Uchida* is not involved.


 
* Basically means you can only afford rice with some toppings as back in the day, pro-wrestlers were not expected to have or want much other than their profession.
* During Michinoku Pro
* Noah's former long suffering President, Masayuki Uchida.

Comments