(NOAH) "COME AT ME YOU BASTARDS" ~ KENOH'S COLUMN

Puroresu Weekly
May 2019

Q: Kongoh has started. Why did you start the rebel army now?
KENOH: First of all, I don't like being in the hands of LIDET Entertainment. When I was teaming with Kiyomiya, the company wanted me to become his teacher. To walk Kiyomiya's path is a beautiful road, paved by the company. If I walked on such a road I think, I won't be strong, especially not for Noah.
Q: After the fully fledged start, is it true that you will bring out the revolt in a couple of months?
KENOH: Although I swore an oath on the 10th March in Yokohama with Kiyomiya, I knew he was the number one asshole. I knew I had to take new action, if I didn't, then there would be no wind for the waves. The new system has become a force, but everyone is just riding the waves that the parent company have made. Naomichi Marufuji, Takashi Sugiura, Kiyomiya...all of them, just riding the good waves!
Q: !
KENOH: Sugiura says "I'm a company dog" about himself, that is all there is to a career in an old company on the board of directors, and good for someone who has that high position. You actually get given a chance. But someone like me, who is not Noah born and tries to get a chance, I have no choice but to seize it and act for myself. I came from another group, but I feel I support Noah better than anyone, but if you notice, I have been put in the opening matches.
Q: It was in March of this year.
KENOH: I am different from the guys who bathe in hot water. Look at Shuhei Taniguchi. I guess the chances are rolling in again.
Q: What the pros and cons of Kongoh?
KENOH: If anything, it was nice to become a subject on mobilization. A year ago when I was the GHC Heavyweight champion, there was a fair wind with the fucking bastard fans cheering. The only people who denied it, where the company, but now finally, it is coming from the tongues of the fans, and I have the confidence to turn that "praise" into a bribe (rough). Our rebellious spirit is strong, and it is just like the company to try and oppress it. We have strong convictions and ideology, and we will not lose. We will fight. It is the minority who has changed the world since ancient times.
Q: Certainly
KENOH: The Japanese are people who love stories of repelling adversity. Kongoh are going to get that done.
Q: It seems recently that the members of Kongoh are unconvincing as you have had no results at all. You can't argue with the fact that before you do great things, you need to leave results behind.
KENOH: Go fuck yourself! Watch us from here on!
Q: So, what does Kongoh want to do with Noah?
KENOH: Now take a look at Kiyomiya, shouldering being the champion of some group. (Wry smile) Well, if I say something like that, it seems that the company will get mad.
Q: I understand what you are saying.
KENOH: I am fascinated by the intensity of Noah's wrestling, and Noah wants to do well as a promotion. Right now, LIDET is trying to manage the promotion in a way that is typical of a group that recovered a few years ago. Kongoh will further expand the appeal of Noah and the way it used to be, in the current era.
Q: Please elaborate
KENOH: Noah is pushing hard and trying to create a new star called Kiyomiya. If you follow some precedent somewhere, it is not possible to overtake the promotion. Its a boring rerun, he has no strong originality yet. Today's Noah is supported by many fans... (the rest doesn't translate well). Kiyomiya has an old fashioned saying, its not new to say "a new view", its something I saw in another promotion.
Q: Its a punch line
KENOH: Kongoh has its pros and cons. It's voice is proof of new things. It is a new thing that has never been seen before, in the beginning its scary and uneasy. Does it really look like that to assholes? Pro-wrestling is a niche industry. He who slips into that potential gap wins. The path that LIDET is laying for Kiyomiya cannot make NOAH shine like a diamond. We, Kongoh, are not halfhearted about Noah. Unlike the others who are trying to impersonate other wrestlers, we are trying to build our originality, thinking for ourselves. We have strong convictions without being influenced by anyone and what they say. No one has noticed us slip into that gap, and we will be the new stars of Noah.


Article translated from Puroresu Weekly (May 22nd 2019)
Picture credit: Puroresu Weekly

Comments