(NOAH) "Come at me you bastards" ~ Kenoh's column (#1 August 2019)


KENOH: Thank you! The only GHC heavyweight champion in history, Nakae*-kun!
Q: ???
KENOH: Sorry, it has happened.
Q: ???
KENOH: I have been defeated
Q: What do you mean?
KENOH: Asshole, don't you know? The other day I said on Twitter that Kaito Kiyomiya, who announced that he wasn't appearing in the "N-1" was "the first GHC Champion in history to run away". Then a comment came back saying, "Nakae-kun is the only champion to speak of GHC History."
Q: It's ironic
KENOH: No, what was said was interesting. I laughed when I saw it. That's right! I have been waiting for such stimulation. Social media is important content nowadays, it is no longer an era when tournament posters are pasted to poles. I think social media is as effective as adverts in magazines, newspapers and television. It is an era when social media cannot be communicated to the world without effective advertising.
Q: Social media is said to be the "100 million media" era that anyone can transmit.
KENOH: That's right. Most of the comments are silly, but sometimes NOAH'S guys will bring something out about "GHC champions in history" (rough) and think in an overflowing sense about it (rough). Good words do not resound. (Kenoh says something which does not translate, but it includes something like he loves swearing), and then finishes with magazines are either complaining or telling low-profile stories.
Q: "Weekly Pro" is an industry magazine...
KENOH: Shut up! Somehow you do stupid things in my series (rough)
Q:...
KENOH: The argument comes from criticism. If you affirm everything like Kiyomiya, you can't make good puroresu. I am always planting seeds so I can have a stimulating fight, and on that resonates. I use social media as a part of it. Company dogs have hashtags like "#Japan's fight is the best fight in the world". I have a hashtag, but there are too few originals.
Q: There is also the number of followers on Twitter...
KENOH: I am still at something like 8000. Noah is 38,000 and New Japan is 380,000. 10 times as much difference.
Q: What should you do to increase your followers?
KENOH: Individually tweet your private life rapidly like Naomichi Marufuji or Takashi Sugiura...a little while ago I uploaded this asshole sitting cutely in front of Meidaimae Station on "Weekly Pro" Twitter! And my beloved car "Miraise" was so interesting that steadily it grew bigger and bigger.
Q: Excuse me?
KENOH: Well, my private life is only in this series, and I am doing it calmly and clearly.
Q: Why don't you reveal it on Twitter?
KENOH: If I exposed my private life online, I would definitely become the target of flaming. Marufuji and Sugiura aren't even applicable. It wouldn't work.
Q: Do you want to aim for the flame marketing technique?
KENOH: No. That's no good.
Q: Well, what are you trying to do on SNS recently?
KENOH: Messing with Marufuji. That's because he picks quarrels with me. Recently, because he is far from the forefright of fighting, the only way is SNS puroresu. It's just an escape from the ring. Come to the final and be scolded in N-1. Lets have a pro wrestling match in the ring, its been a while!
Q: Its strangely refreshing
KENOH: I have wanted to say this for a long time, but wouldn't it be nice for Noah's official Twitter to send information in English? Now fans from all over the world are coming to watch matches from overseas, now that Japanese professional wrestling is attracting attention. Noah has some employees that exceed TOE-C900*, and Noah can spread more in the world. So, since the 16th September and the 2nd November at Sumo Hall is holding back big matches, this is a proposal from the "only champion in GHC History".
Q: It is a good thing to say
KENOH: However, since this series is said to be by the "only GHC champion in history", the manifest that I spoke of last time, must be realized; 1. Leaving the Nippon Budokan in 2010 victorious and 2) Seizing the belt at Sumo Hall on the 2nd November with a packed attendance.
Q: First of all, to keep the manifest going, I want you to win the "N-1 VICTORY" championship
KENOH: Finally, the N in N1 is for Nakae.

*Daisuke Nakae is Kenoh's real name
*English language ability grades

Translated from Weekly Pro (August 2019)
Picture credit: Weekly Pro


Comments