(NOAH) Creating a new era of Noah with this gown (Pro Wrestler, Kaito Kiyomiya)

Tarzanweb.jp
29th October 2019


The weight of the gown is felt.
Kaito Kiyomiya stands and carries the future of Pro Wrestling Noah. At only 23 years old he has become a champion only four years after entering, and he has a special feeling towards the gown he wears to enter.

(Kaito Kiyomiya was born in Saitama Prefecture in 1996. After graduating from High School he entered Pro Wrestling Noah in 2015, and made his debut the same year. Since then he has gained great popularity as the young hope of the promotion. In December last year he was crowned GHC Heavyweight Champion.)

"I wore it for the first time in March of this year. Until then I had just entered wearing a t-shirt, but when I had the long awaited championship belt since the end of last year, and it also being the first event since the management system changed, and at this juncture I started wearing the gown as a milestone.
When you look through the sleeves, "the gown is so heavy", but actually, there is a lot of weight (laughs), but really I felt only the weight of tradition that had been cultivated by Noah's great seniors."
Green is the iconic color of Kiyomiya, who has also used this for ring shoes and tights.

(The gown and ring shoes have a beautiful finish of a collage pattern of various tastes and faux fur. The design and production of the gown was commissioned by fashion brand "Guts Dynamite Cabaret", which many top wrestlers in other promotions trust".

"When I was young, I happened to see a video of the title match of Noah legend, Mitsuharu Misawa. The contents had such an impact on me, which was a direct trigger for me wanting to become a professional wrestler. Another thing that impressed me, was Misawa's green tights. Since then I wanted to someday become a strong wrestler, and wear green like Misawa-san".
His dream has come true, but this is the real match for him to become a true professional wrestler like Mitsuharu Misawa.

"The key to professional wrestling is how the battle mode can be switched on when going up to the ring. In that regard, as soon as the gown is worn I feel tingles. I want to create a new era of Noah with this gown!"

Translated from an article by Tarzanweb.jp ~ original Japanese text: Kai Tokuhara. Photo: Takahiro Idenoshita. Illustration: Shinji Abe
Picture credit: Tarzanweb.jp

Comments