"The greatest stage is here. I will win..." Takashi Sugiura regarding the first generation champion of the GHC National

Sports Hochi
1st November 2019

On November 1st, Pro Wrestling Noah held a signing ceremony for the first championship match for the GHC National (Ryogoku Kokugikan on the 2nd) at a hotel in Tokyo.

The signing ceremony was attended by Takashi Sugiura (49) and Michael Elgin (32), who will challenge for the newly established belt.
Elgin said, "I started pro wrestling in 2003, and the my first goal was to fight in Noah. The hurdles are high, and Sugiura will use all of his power. Although he is a tough wrestler, I will definitely become the first champion by defeating him in my own style."
In turn, Sugiura said about the new belt with the red design introduced at the signing ceremony, "I have seen the new belt for the first time now, and I want to get it quickly. In victory or defeat, this is a big match this year. Elgin is a strong, tough, and popular wrestler. I think we have the best stage, and I want to win by showing the very best tomorrow."

Moreover, the National Championship will be a belt that is limited to matches within Japan, Sugiura says "It is fun belt because in terms of the junior wrestlers, I think various frameworks will be removed. I want to increase the value, and intimidate other belts."

Link to original article from Sports Hochi\Yahoo Japan
Picture credit: Sports Hochi

Comments