(NOAH) A direct appeal to Kenoh, "It is the only thing worth doing", interview with Manabu Soya, Kongoh's new member.


Documo.ne.jp
24th April 2020

Manabu Soya entered "Kongoh" on the 19th April at Noah's TV taping. From WRESTLE-1, which has closed its doors, he has come to Noah in the form of looking for a new sphere of activity, but why has entered Noah for the first time, and into "Kongoh" where he has no contacts?

Why did he enter Kongoh? What are his thoughts on Noah and Kongoh? What is his goal? We talked to Kongoh's "sixth man", who's appearance has completely changed from that of "Get Wild".

Interview with Manabu Soya

Q: You appeared in Noah entering Kongoh, can I try and interpret your decision in making Noah your main battlefield?
SOYA: I don't mind if you try and do that
Q: Did you have any trouble over making your decision?
SOYA: I had no intention of denying my wrestling life so far, and so going to Noah for the first time was the TV match, and above all I felt that Kongoh was attractive. The glaring eyes of the members, their fighting spirit; it has been a shock that has renewed my belief.
Q: Where you attracted to Kongoh, after watching Noah from the outside?
SOYA: Yeah. I have been paying attention to them since before WRESTLE-1 stopped. Among the many units in professional wrestling, I have been particularly fascinated by Kongoh, and I got the feeling that "I think it will be possible for a new Manabu Soya to shine here", so I made a decision.
Q: There is a sense that this is going to be quite different from your image so far, but will you be reborn again as Kongoh's Manabu Soya?
SOYA: I want to create something new, and the reason is Kenoh. The appeal of a man called Kenoh, who has the eyes of a man hungry for a fight. I wanted to follow this guy. To be honest, I didn't have any contacts or acquaintances, so I made a direct appeal to let me do this in Kongoh.
Q: What are your thoughts in fighting with Kongoh in the TV match the other day?
SOYA: I felt the expectation that something could come out of me when I entered, and I felt excitement when doing it. Despite the difficulties in performing at the moment, it has been a pleasure to go to the ring, and above all it has been the firm feeling of being able to fight with Kongoh.
Q: At the same time, Yoshioka has also joined The Sugiura Army?
SOYA: We may have been eating rice from the same pot*, but right now we are only "another wrestler" to each other. I will go my way, and he will go his. Anyway, I want to concentrate on Kongoh.
Q: So from now on with Kongoh, you will step into Noah's world, which you have hardly touched before?
SOYA: Part of the reason for choosing Noah, is because there are wrestlers here who I have never encountered. There are many possibilities for a "single match". It's Noah's 20th anniversary this year, isn't it? Personally, I think I have a strong "will" to inherit this ring that so many wrestlers have helped create, but to look at it from another perspective, it is a harsh ring, so I need to be prepared to act accordingly. Since I chose Kongoh, I want to aim at the top, that is worth doing right now.
Q: What wrestler would you like to work with?
SOYA: Go Shiozaki, the GHC Heavyweight Champion, was on the other team during the 12 person tag match, and we turned towards each other. It is meaningless unless you look for that (the GHC Heavyweight).
Q: You intentionally used a lariat?
SOYA: That is why I came here, aiming for the top, and I will devote myself to that feeling
Q: Will you aim at once for the GHC Heavyweight?
SOYA: Kongoh doesn't have a belt right now, and I want to see it with a wider point of view. But, before all of that, the GHC Heavyweight Champion Go Shiozaki was in front of me in the ring, and that man is in my sights.
Q: First of all, you will focus on fighting and increasing presence of Kongoh?
SOYA: In any case, I would like you to see the future of a team named Kongoh. Watch the changes in Kongoh as I enter, Kongoh which has become a six person unit now, there is a lot to think about, but if I tell you too much then it won't be too fun. I think the belt will come into view again. Do not look away from Kongoh's future.

*Phrase which basically means that they were once close

Link to original article from Documo 
Picture credit: Documo

Comments