(NOAH) Mutoh "I'll crush Kiyomiya with the help of Ittetsu Hoshi!"

Tokyo Sports
30th May 2020

"Pro Wrestling master" Keiji Mutoh (57), has decided to become "Pro Wrestling Hitoshi Hoshi"

It was Noah's former GHC Heavyweight Champion, Kaito Kiyomiya (23), who swayed the genius at the Noah TV match broadcast on the 24th when he said, "This is a cry from my heart! I want to fight Keiji Mutoh!". 
Mutoh responded to the heartfelt appeal from the partner who he teamed with in a TV tag match in April saying with a fearless smile, "Ok. However, as I can't afford to practice with you*, I will go to crush you, like Ittetsu Hoshi, who became the enemy of Hyuma. Still, of you like, make a card".  

Ittetsu Hoshi is a character from the well known nostalgic baseball manga "Giant Star". When his son, Hyuma, came to the team he was a severe coach, but he stood at the head of a rival team (rough). Mutoh is a hardcore fan of the series who says, "I grew up with Ikki Kajiwara (the original author). I have a 23 year old son, and I used to wish that one day we could fight parent and child like in "Giant Star", but since he has become an office worker, this dream is gone".
Coincidentally, Kiyomiya, who is the same age as his son, requested the matchup and it seems that the "Sparta Soul*" in his heart has been awakened. Mutoh said, "Perhaps its a deep emotion that he has for me as an opponent, but I am going to crush him like a lion with all my might."

Regarding the reason why Kiyomiya became a wrestler due to his admiration for Mitsuharu Misawa, he said, "Did you not select Mutoh, who had a rivalry with Misawa? Isn't that bad taste?"
Mutoh gives educational guidance to Noah's supernova, instead of his heavenly rival.

* The phrase used is a sumo one which relates to higher ranking sumo practicing with those less skilled. It doesn't really have an equivalent in English. 
* From a computer game.

Picture credit: Tokyo Sports 

Many thanks to Metal Noah for helping me out with the names

Comments