(NOAH) "I want to destroy it", Interview with Katsuhiko Nakajima towards the unprecedented N-1 consecutive championship


10th September 2021
Noah.co.jp

Katsuhiko Nakajima is aiming for consecutive victories in Noah's biggest league event of the year, the "N-1 Victory 2021". No other wrestler has achieved consecutive victories. Entering in the same C block as Kazushi Sakuraba, Masato Tanaka and Kotaro Suzuki as a "defending champion", I asked Nakajima about his feelings just before the opening of the event with his laconic words, and glimpses of his ambition and fighting spirit with a fearless smile. 

Q: First of all, what are your frank thoughts in winning consecutive victories in the N-1? 
NAKAJIMA: I am the only one who has "reach". Winning two consecutive victories unprecedented, I will do what only I can. That is the only thing I can think of. 
Q: This year hasn't produced many results so far? 
NAKAJIMA: The result's aren't coming, but I'm enjoying it. 
Q: You fight with Masato Tanaka in the first match
NAKAJIMA: There are a lot of predictions that this will be a tough match from the start, but he is "prey" for the consecutive championships
Q: He is a good opponent to gain momentum with in the first match
NAKAJIMA: Yeah, there is a big wall from the first match. It has been a while since we have had a single, but if I win then I am sure it will lead to self-confidence without a doubt. 
Q: Your second opponent will be Kazushi Sakuraba
NAKAJIMA: Because his type is different from Masato Tanaka in the first match, I think it will be interesting. 
Q: He is the IQ wrestler with worldwide recognition. 
NAKAJIMA: He's a tasty opponent, a tasty opponent. But, apart from that he is smiling (rough)
Q: The opponent in the third match will be Kotaro Suzuki, who you used to compete with during your junior years
NAKAJIMA: Nostalgic. It is the match I am personally looking forward to. Well, when you think of the order of the block, there are different types. So, I will just enjoy myself and take both the wins and the championship. 
Q: If you win, you can challenge Naomichi Marufuji.
NAKAJIMA: Because his image is of the symbol of Noah...I want to destroy it. I just want to destroy it. I want to destroy it, including the status quo of Noah. 
Q: Who is the opponent you want to win in another block? 
NAKAJIMA: Well, I am only thinking about a consecutive championship. I think it is going to be a tough league this time as well, but I have been preparing for that. All I have to go is for the results. 


Comments