(NOAH) Champion Daga "Become the true face", Kojima says "I want to convey something important after the match" - 2nd January Ariake press conference


27th December 
Pro Wrestling DX

Q: Enthusiasm for the match? 
KITAMIYA (Masa): This is billed as Pro Wrestling Noah vs New Japan Pro Wrestling, but this match is my own personal desire. I was the one who said it. And since I said it selfishly, I will stick to my selfishness until the end. On January 2nd, Tomohiro Ishii will be destroyed. That is all.
ISHII (Tomohiro): We have fought twice in the past in tags, and I knew that sooner or later, we would have to fight as in a single. But when Kitamiya called me out, I thought, "It's finally time". And since I heard the news, I've been feeling extremely excited. 
SHIOZAKI (Go): I've been defeated by Satoshi Kojima twice in the past in singles. Satoshi Kojima is something that is stuck inside me, I want to beat him, remove this lump, and spread my wings in a big way. I AM NOAH!
KOJIMA (Satoshi): I am Satoshi Kojima from New Japan Pro Wrestling. 2010 G1 CLIMAX, 2022 CyberFight Festival, Go Shiozaki has always been standing before my eyes on the big stages. I will fight in the upcoming Ariake show with a feeling of gratitude of having him before me, and after winning for the third time, I would like to share something important with everyone after the match. That is all. 
SUGIURA (Takashi): This is Pro Wrestling Noah's Takashi Sugiura. My opponent, Ulka Sasaki is making his debut now, and I myself made my debut twenty-three years ago in Ariake, and so now, Ulka will also be there too. Moreover, I'm sure he will be very nervous since he is making his debut in a big match, but since it's a memorable occasion, I hope that Ulka will be able to experience the greatness, the rigor, and the fun of pro wrestling on the day. I hope you can feel a lot of emotions during the match. Thank you. 
SASAKI (Ulka): I am Ulka Sasaki. One year has passed since the Nippon Budokan, which really gave me goosebumps. I am truly honored to be able to stand in the ring on January 2nd 2024 in Ariake. This is truly a once in a lifetime professional wrestling debut match. My oppnent is Sugiura-san, and I have rough skin because I can't sleep at night. Seeing his face today may keep me awake for a while, but rather than that, I want to give my all and win on the 2nd January. Please come and see it at the venue, and if you can't, please watch my match on ABEMA. Thank you very much.  
DAGA: Normally, you would say, "I am very honored to be here", but if you ask me, I think that everyone should just be happy that I am here now. The Lion has returned. On January 2nd in Ariake Arena, this will be more than just a match. Eita, who is next to me, is someone who was in Mexico, and who I helped out a lot. We were originally friends. However, on January 2nd, I will completely destroy this guy and show you who the real junior is. 
EITA: I have been attacked a lot so far, but I don't think that I can become the true face of the Noah Juniors unless I win at Ariake on January 2nd. On that day I will fight hard and win the belt.
Q: How is your left knee? 
DAGA: My knee is in great shape. Some of you may have seen me before I left, but I'm 100% fine now. Even if I wasn't and my opponent is Eita, I think it would be enough to destroy him even if I'm not at 100%. 
Q: What do you think after hearing that? 
EITA: If the champion is at 100%, he is worth beating, so I will do my best to win the belt. 
Q: Your entrance at RIZIN was impressive, but do you want to show the outlook of Pro Wrestler Ulka Sasaki in your debut too?
SASAKI: Yes. Last time, Sugiura-san said, "The battle has begun", and I think that everything has already begun for January 2nd. I think everything from the entrance to the match, before and after, is truly appearing as a work of art, so I'd be happy if you could look forward to that as well.
Q: Considering that the title match will be held without any pre-matches, what countermeasures will you take? 
EITA: Even once the title match had been decided, there had been no pre-matches. It's a one shot match on the day, but I do have a strategy or an idea. I won't say it here right now as he is here, but I'll win on the day.  

Comments