(NOAH) Eita - "There is nothing left to do but explode in Ariake", a showdown for the title with former friend and now sworn enemy, Daga.


29th December 2023
Pro Wrestling DX

Q: First of all, what are your honest thoughts about the match with Daga? 
EITA: We are finally able to have a proper singles match, and on a big stage. It may be strange to say that I'm grateful, but I want to settle this. 
Q: There seems to be a long history between yourself and Daga, but how did it start? 
EITA: It was in 2023 when I went on a expedition to Mexico, 11 years ago. I was a member of the organization DTU, and we often had matches there. 
Q: What was your impression when you first met? 
EITA: There wasn't really any, because at the beginning there were a lot of single 6WAYS and 7WAYS, and Daga was one of them. However, from then on I started having a lot of contact, and finally started thinking, "Ah, there's an interesting guy here."
Q: And you fought together in "PERROS DEL MAL*"
EITA: Daga came in first, and I came in later. At that time, we were good friends, but it wasn't like "Let's do this together!" That's because the original Perros was so big, that there was a sense of distance. 
Q: So, did the sense of distance suddenly shorten after you started teaming in DRAGONGATE? 
EITA: Well, even when we were apart, we used to communicate quite a lot on social media, and from there it became more profound. 
Q: It figures, that even though Daga is an enemy, he is a special person to you. 
EITA: I don't think there are a lot of wrestlers who know how long I was on tour in Mexico. There are a lot of Mexican's in Noah right now, but the period doesn't really overlap. The only one who does is Daga. 
Q: Then, at the beginning of the year, Daga came to Noah, and suddenly betrayed you
EITA: That was a shock...the point is, Ogawa (Yoshinari) was pulling the strings behind the scenes, wasn't he? At first the tag with Daga was going well, but then all of a sudden it felt like a slap in the face, and I was betrayed. Now that I think about it, we had been talking since the Tokyo Dome in February...
Q: It's true that you seemed to be dragging your feet, but what made you realize that Daga is the enemy? 
EITA: That was after the singles match in Kobe (21st May). Up until then I had been confused, but then I thought "he is my enemy", and my doubts disappeared. 
Q: It was a humiliating defeat in which you lost in an unjust fight involving three STINGER members.
EITA: At that time, he was doing whatever he wanted, so he must have been desperate to destroy me.
Q: What do you think of Daga now that he has become a champion again? 
EITA: He's an all-rounder. It's hard to get a grip on him as he has always been a wrestler who can do anything. When Daga challenged HAYATA, I was watching the pre-matches up close and thought, "Don't be nasty". I know how he does things.
Q: Compared to before, has his ferocity, cunning, power and technique improved overall? 
EITA: It's going up, and it's because, he, Ogawa is nearby.
Q: Powered up...
EITA: Ogawa's power has been added to the power he had before, and he's becoming more and more perfect...
Q: Do you see a breakthrough strategy? 
EITA: Hmm...Since there where no pre-matches, I have no choice but to do it. 
Q: Daga seemed to have injured his left knee, but at the Yokohama Budokan on December, he appeared with a cane and sneak attacked you? 
EITA: Didn't that just touch your hear and make you cry? I really hated it...being fucked over like that in the ring. 
Q: Are you feeling angry? 
EITA: I've been in a situation where I haven't been able to fight back for a long time, and now he's running away overseas, right? 
Q: Ever since he betrayed you, you haven't had a serious encounter? 
EITA: Yes, he's been playing all the time. 
Q: So what kind of match do you want to have, and how do you want to win? 
EITA: I'll do what I want. The betrayal was the start, and then it stopped for a long time, and there have been no pre-matches. There is nothing left to do but explode the feelings I have in Ariake. 
Q: On a big stage where so many great cards are lined up, there will be a match with Daga, who you have known for a long time, which is both a title match and a grudge match. 
EITA: It's the first big match of 2024, I'm grateful that I have been put quite far back, because I think that's how much the company expects from me
Q: Speaking of yourself and the GHC belts, it's impressive that you always wore them when you entered the venue
EITA: Well, I have a strong attachment to belts, as they have a long history. My belt has gotten a little rusty since I lost it. 
Q: What if the dirt is noticeable? 
EITA: It stands out! It's not shining!
Q: Is there no choice bit to polish it every night? 
EITA: Yeah, this might be a little off topic, but when I used to have the GHC Junior belt, I kept polishing it. It was golden. I polished it so much that it turned silver. 
Q: You polished it until it changed color? 
EITA: Yes (laughs) Too emotional
Q: So, next year, you will win the belt again in one shot, and this time you will wear a sparkling belt, being careful not to polish it too much...
EITA: Yes, that is my intention.
Q: This year you have said that "I'm the face of the Noah Juniors", but do you want to start next year as the face of the Noah Juniors, both in name and reality? 
EITA: Yes, genuinely. Even if you are the face of the Noah Juniors, and you don't have a belt, the people who see you for the first time will think, "He's all talk". I'll rise to the top.


Note
PERROS DEL MAL: The Mexican stable, not Noah's PERROS DEL MAL DE JAPON

Comments