(NOAH) Ibushi absent, but Marufuji sent a long message at the press conference just before Ariake: "Set an example"


27th December 
Pro Wrestling DX

Kota Ibushi's message was read out; 

"First of all, please forgive me for not being able to attend today's press conference, as I am currently travelling to the United States. The word "regret" has never existed in my life as a professional wrestler. I have always tried to do my best, and be the MAX I can be at that time. However, the only feeling I have that is closest to the word "regret", is that my singles match with Marufuji-san was forfeited twice. There are times when I think, "If only I had done that match at that time". However, as the title "DESTINY 2024" was given to the match, and the fact that we have both missed two opportunities and have both suffered injuries as we progressed in our careers, it seems truly fateful that we will have a match in Ariake on January 2nd. Even now, I still feel the shock of receiving an elbow from Misawa-san in the Noah ring, and it was when I competed in Noah and took part in a tour for the first time, I realized that I had become a professional wrestler. When I think about it now, it seems like Kota Ibushi was in his most natural state. I believe that it is because of that period that Kota Ibushi is who he is today. When I faced Marufiji-san on December 2nd, the emotions of that time came back to me. I was often asked about the match order after the match was made, but no matter how many matches I have, what I do remains the same. On January 2nd, in the one on one fight with Marufuji-san, there is something I have left behind which I would like to retrieve. Marufuji-san, lets meet in the ring in Ariake". 

Q: Your enthusiasm for the match? 
MARUFUJI: I just received a message from Ibushi about his thoughts, and I feel almost the same way. So, I may be overconfident in some parts of my statement, but after all, this is Noah's first big match at Ariake Arena on January 2nd. I want to express to myself the meaning of being placed in the main event, even though there are various matches going on, including title matches. I am well aware that what is important to Noah today is the future, and if you were to ask me if this battle really is Noah's future, there is a part of me that says it is not. However, I believe that by having this match, we will be able to create a match for the wrestlers who will make the future, and perhaps even the staff members will feel a variety of emotions. I will prepare myself, and do my best to win. Please look forward to it.
Q: The match is getting closer and close, but are you starting to have an image in mind? 
MARUFUJI: As I have said for a long time, I generally don't create an image of my match before a match. I have been doing professional wrestling for twenty-five years, and as I wrestle, I improve my matches more and more. I don't think about anything special before matches. I don't have a particular image in mind though, as I think he is a wrestler who will respond well to that. 
Q: The idea of a match between the two of you, came up when you were in your twenties, but has only become a reality now that you are both in your forties. What kind of a match do you think it will be? 
MARUFUJI: I think there are some fans who think that if it had happened in the past, the match would have turned out like this, and if it had happened then or ten years ago, it would have been a better match. I can already hear people saying that it would have been a more interesting match, but there is no point in saying that, and we've both known each other for twenty years now. So, I've been doing this for twenty years, he is forty years old, I am forty-four, and I am sure that this will be a match that is only possible between the current Ibushi and me, so I am really looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I will probably feel alot of different emotions during it, I'm sure I'll start to feel a lot of different emotions, and I hope the fans will follow along without missing a single second.
Q: The match order is contraversial, but what do you want to show in the main event? And what is the point of being in the main event? 
MARUFUJI: Like I said earlier, this match itself is not the future of Noah, so I hope that the wrestlers who will create the future of Noah, can feel something. That's all. 
Q: You also said, "I want to show the meaning of continuing to stand at Noah" 
MARUFUJI: Yes, I have been thinking about that for a long time, and Noah has been around for twenty-three years. Will it be twenty-four years next year? I'm proud that I've stood by Noah in that respect, so I hope I can show you an example that only I can show. I definitely want this match to have some kind of connection to the future.
Q: What was your intention of bringing out the God/Tiger King? 
MARUFUJI: That technique is actually Ibushi-kun's. Yes, it's his. Lately, Kamigoe seems to have become my finisher, so I've been getting some inspiration from it, or rather, by using it, I've been thinking a little bit about it. I have an image of this technique as a countermeasure or that it might lead to something like that...but it's a good technique to try.
Q: You've come up with many variations, but is there still one in your head?
MARUFUJI: Yes, I have it in my head, and I think it would probably be even more so in a match with him. I think he might be able to create a movement born of inspiration on the spot that could give Marufuji, a wrestler who is on the decline, a chance to rise to the top again. 
Q: You've always said it's an original technique, but why did you finally reveal it as Ibushi's technique?
MARUFUJI: No matter how you look at it, it's the Kamigoe. 


Comments