(NOAH) Kenoh cuts down Shiozaki's new unit in one fell swoop, "Team Noah needs Naomichi Marufuji"


12th January 2023
Tokyo Sports

GHC Heavyweight Champion, Kenoh (39), will face the challenger Go Shiozaki (41) in his second defense at Noah's Korakuen Hall show on the 13th, and has cut down the new unit "TEAM NOAH". The unit, which was born at the Ariake event on the 2nd, has only one out of five trueborns, and Shiozaki himself is also in the "returner" category. Kenoh called them, "the least anticipated unit in Noah's history", and suggested that the members be reorganized. 

Kenoh successfully defended the title for the first time at the Ariake show, defeating the challenge of Manabu Soya. Immediately afterwards, Shiozaki came to the ring and announced his challenge, the clash was decided after they agreed to the wagering of the line, "I AM NOAH". 

As evidenced by the fact that he refused the challenge before the conditions were presented, Kenoh's evaluation of Shiozaki is harsh, and is particularly harsh towards the newly formed "TEAM NOAH".

"To be honest, they're probably the least anticipated unit in Noah's history. When any unit is created, it's usually exciting. On the contrary, I was impressed that there were times when people didn't get so excited. I don't really understand what "TEAM NOAH" is since there are only transfers and a returning member" he said flatly. 

Four of the five members of the unit are Akitoshi Saito, Mohammed Yone, Atsushi Kotoge and Hi69, who are people from other promotions. Shiozaki, the only trueborn member, left Noah at the end of 2012, and rejoined in June 2016. Kenoh warned, "If Shiozaki's "I AM NOAH" were to disappear, then "TEAM NOAH" would suddenly lose its significance". He proposed a reorganization of the unit after the match at Korakuen. 

"What team Noah needs is Naomichi Marufuji. I think it takes courage or thick skin after a match like a wake at Ariake Arena, and devastated in the comments, to say "Noah equals Marufuji". 

On a personal whim, he recommended Marufuji, who had just lost a special singles match against Kota Ibushi at the Ariake show, as a new member. 

At the Ariake show, the main event was given over to the match between Marufuji and Ibushi, and the promotion's highest championship match suffered the humiliation of being relegated to the semi finals. "It's true that in the end, the show did not satisfy the assholes 100%. The order of the matches was decided by Noah, so I take full responsibility for not gaining trust as the champion. I'll take responsibility for disappointing expectations so early in the New Year, and I'll make Korakuen on January 13th a show that will definitely satisfy. I AM NOAH!"
...and he's already using Shiozaki's signature lines. 

In order to advance the reform of The Ark that has just begun, he cannot afford to lose the belt. 

Comments