(NOAH) "DONMAI, DONMAI" ~ Mitsuharu Misawa's diary ~ 29th December 2006 (A Christmas Misawa)

Hey. There's no point in it. I just wanted to write it! *grin*. This is the last "Donmai, Donmai" diary entry of this year, so lets start with the answer to Taniguchi's question. In the first place, isn't Taniguchi using words incorrectly? Isn't "Memories I'll never forget", "Unforgettable memories" or "Memories you'll never forget?". There it is, the da de da da (note, Terminator Theme) Terminator (Sorry for the inside joke again). 

I would like to ask everyone about Christmas, is it fun? Let's face it, apart from Christians, isn't Christmas in Japan really meant for women and children? There aren't many fun things for grown men. Even if lovers exchange gifts, women probably get more expensive items in most cases, and it's always crowded no matter where you go (I think this is the day when tissue consumption is the highest on any given day). It's a nuisance for people who come to Tokyo for work, and even business hotels are rarely empty, so I feel like I'm complaining, but I don't have any particular memories of Christmas. But since it's a "memory you'll never forget,'' I guess it's a big event, or maybe it's the fact that Noah came and we decided to hold a show every Christmas. We have been holding events at Differ since December 24th
2000, but the Ariake Coliseum show the day before, was the first time we were having matches at a large venue with over 10,000 people since our launch in August of that year. I was really happy that so many people came to support us, even though the location was difficult to access at the time. The day before that, we had matches at Kawasaki, so it was the third match in a row, but it was the first time for the wrestlers to have matches under pressure at a large venue, so the next day was very event-like. I did wonder in part if it would be a good idea to do that, but when I actually tried it, I felt like it worked in a positive direction, and it turned out to be a relaxing and fun show, so in a sense it was a success. Looking back at the Christmas video* that quickly became a standard after that first show, it all started with me watching a JR commercial and thinking, "I want to do something like that". It seems that some people came to the venue and were looking forward to the video, which makes me very happy. This time I played the role of Mitsugoro*. 
So what should I do? 
My Christmas memories are something like, I like hot chicken (Taniguchi tried to dodge "sleep there", but ended up giving a surprisingly long answer) for those who want to know, the hint is..."Ikebukuro*"...I can't write any more.    

The other day, I went to see a preview of G+'s year-end special program, "Pro wrestling Noah broadcast New Year's Eve 19-hour special GHC Heavy - 39 rapid shots". This is a look back at the GHC matches. If you have time or are not a member of G+, please take this opportunity to consider joining. It's a 19-hour program, and although it's long, I think it might be a good idea to record it and watch it little by little. For those who don't subscribe to satellite or cable, it may be time to reevaluate your viewing circumstances until you switch fully to digital broadcasting*, but flat-screen TVs are still expensive. I wonder if they'll become a little cheaper in the future? When I talked about the year end program, I was reminded of year-end parties. When I was younger, the year-end parties were depressing and unpleasant. I don't drink as much as I do now, and my seniors forced me to drink*, and I had to worry about it, and since it was a year-end party I didn't want to end up having a bad experience. Nowadays, I don't have to be so careful when I go to drinking parties, and I've gotten used to drinking. Since I only talk about drinking parties in this diary, you might think that I drink every day. You may think that, but its not the case. People often ask me, "Do you get hangovers, Misawa-san", but anyone can get a hangover if they drink too much. Also, many people think that wrestlers are strong against alcohol because they are big, but that is wrong. Just because they are big does not necessarily mean they are strong against alcohol. Sometimes women are stronger than men. 

Lately, even though I'm busy at the end of the day, I've been watching DVD movies. Lately, I haven't been going to the cinema at all, but as I was watching DVDs, I realized how much I love movies. Even if I am working the next day, if I watch a movie on late night TV, I will end up watching it all, even if it's boring. When I'm watching a movie, I can get absorbed in it and forget about many things, and most of all, I'm looking forward to the excitement before the movie starts. 

Well, this is the last diary entry of the year, and things are normal. and although I don't like seasonal events, I want to welcome in the New Year as relaxed as possible. This year has passed by in the blink of an eye, but I hope you have all enjoyed reading about the Noah matches plus the diary. This is the question to Aoki, who is in charge of the New Year's diary, and is the only one who pretends to be drunk, even though everyone else is, and observes everyone calmly. If the target audience is limited to women, I don't need a vague answer to "What fetish?"

So then everyone, this diary will of course be updated on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, so please enjoy it daily. The New Year's Navi will begin on January 7th. We look forward to your continued support at the venue in 2007. Happy New Year! Misawa.  

Notes
Noah Christmas Videos: For a few years Noah used to do a special Christmas video, the most famous being Santa Misawa (in green) delivering Santa Misawa dolls to kids and Junji Izumida (the same sound effect used when Misawa smacked his face to wake him up, was used when Akira Taue threw a snowball into his crotch), and "Misawa The Teacher". The videos generally contained the roster warbling Christmas carols, most memorably to "I Need A Hero", but sadly the videos stopped being so elaborate by about 2007/2008. After Misawa's death Noah held Christmas shows and the traditional (and much missed) costumed rumble, but sadly even this has not happened in recent years. 
JR Commercial: Central Japan railways.  
Mitsugoro: Parody of Masanori Hata, who was a zoologist. He was nicknamed "Mutsugoro"
Ikebukuro: Hip area of northern Tokyo
Analog to digital: Misawa did not live to see Japan switch from analog to digital, this occurred in July 2011, two years after his death. 
Misawa's seniors: Mayumi Misawa wrote in "The Last Bump" that Misawa hated this so much, that he never forced his own juniors to drink. On a funnier note, Naomichi Marufuji writes in "Heir to The Ark" that Baba scolded Akira Taue for giving whisky to one of his own juniors. Probably not so funny when you discover it was Takeshi Morishima. 

Comments