(NOAH) Marufuji and Sugiura are unanimous in their promise to fight the reigning champions in a fierce battle, to be crowned for the first time in eleven years. GHC Heavyweight Tag Signing Ceremony.


13th June 2024
Pro Wrestling DX

MARUFUJI: I've said this many times before, but I want to liven up this tag team scene, and get this belt. And I am serious about winning it, so I'm teaming up with Sugiura to challenge. We won the pre matches, but we won't let our guard down. The champions are great champions, who have defended the titles against many other wrestlers, so I want to win with respect to these foreign wrestlers, who have risen to a higher position than us. Lets settle this in black and white, just like they are showing today. 
SUGIURA: Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to the title match on the 16th. I've been watching the champions Jack Morris and Anthony Green since they first came to Japan, and they've studied Japanese wrestling so much that they now have the support of the fans, so I think they're great champions. However, the title match on the 16th is a very important one where Marufuji and I are going for the belts, and I think it's a title match that we absolutely want to win. I want to settle this once and for all (looks at Morris and Green's outfits), in black and white.
MORRIS: This will be our ninth defense, and I think they are the toughest challengers to date. Their track record, and what they have done so far is truly amazing, and I think everyone knows that. But, we have confidence and pride in the fact that we have held these belts for over 263 days. In our matches so far, we've been able to show our strength to the audience, those around us, and everyone else. I think everyone understands that very well. The match at the Yokohama BUNTAI on Sunday, will be exactly the same as before. We will just do the same thing as before. And from the moment we enter the ring to the moment we leave, we will always be champions, that's how we feel.
GREEN: It feels really good to be sitting here with Jack Morris at this press conference, and it feels really good to hold this belt. However, we are not going to become complacent, but always practice hard and constantly train ourselves. As for the challengers, as Jack Morris said, they are wrestlers with truly great achievements, and of course we respect them. However, when it comes to this championship, we have to forget about those feelings of respect for the time being, and focus on protecting the belts as we have done until now. We want to stay focused on that and defend these belts at Yokohama BUNTAI, and prove that we are the best GHC Tag Champions, and GHC Tag Champions that the world can be proud of. 

*When the photo was taken, Marufuji adjusted the collars of Morris and Green's shirts before leaving*
(Note, this reminds me of Giant Baba when he insisted that all his wrestlers tuck in their shirts. Jun Akiyama was warned to, but didn't and told Baba he thought it looked better this way. Baba laughed and said he didn't understand young people)

Comments