(NOAH) POST MATCH INTERVIEWS: GREAT VOYAGE 2024 IN YOKOHAMA (17th March - Yokohama Budokan)


DAIKI INABA
"Okay, I did it again today too. The going may be slow, but I'm going to switch my mindset, and run non stop from here to the top of Noah. The centre of Noah."

LJ CLEARY
"On an important day like today for GLG, you have to take care of myself. Today Jack and AG have a GHC Heavyweight Tag Title defense match*, so don't worry about me. You guys can focus on defending your belts, and I'll defeat Ohara. No, not just beat him, I'll surpass him technically and beat him. Life is beautiful, and I'm a good-looking guy.

*I think he forgot about YO-HEY!

JAKE LEE
" First of all, I would like to apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the Himeji and Gifu shows. I'm a bit nervous, but don't worry. Well, the winner of the first (and last) pre match is definitely him. Did you get a good image? Wagner? But you must have felt that you shouldn't let your guard down until the very end, right? This is a fight. It may be some sort of rite, it may be meant to be fun, or something like that, but it's a fight, Wagner. As for me, well, I'm definitely going to get that belt again, and so Wagner, it starts with you. 


MASA KITAMIYA
"Even in a situation like this, you have to make sure you don't miss anything and win without fail. Oiwa, it seemed like you grabbed your chance, but you let it go right in front of you. In pro wrestling, things like that happen all the time. Don't get discouraged and do your best. I've bounced back so many times, no matter what. But how many times DO I have to "bounce back"! Today's win only increased my frustration".


RYOHEI OIWA
"Today's main event was meant to actually be the title match between Kaito-san for the GHC Tag, but Kaito-san was forced to pull out due to spinal injury. It can't be helped, but it is frustrating. To begin with, the tag team of myself and Kaito-san were told a lot of strange things by the people around us, and we didn't have a good track record, but we finally won the VC Tag League, and with that track record, we were planning to go today's main event. But, Kaito-san and I aren't done yet, so when Kaito-san returns, I'll make sure he's going to suffer."

KENOH
"Hey, hey, hey! This is how popular professional wrestlers are. HEY! ULKA SASAKI! What do you think? What about professional wrestlers? What about professional wrestling? RIZIN fighters? UFC fighters? Is it really possible for UFC fighters to be this passive*? Can you withstand someone crashing down from 3 meters, 4 meters, 5 meters above you? That is the strength of passivity of professional wrestlers."

*Passive: See article on "Passivity

ULKA SASAKI
"That was effective. Shit. I made a strategy, I attacked his feet, came up with some new techniques, and tried some new ones, but he was strong. I had the choke firmly locked in, but he was able to dodge it like that by pressing his shoulders against me, and his footstamp to the outside was somewhat effective. It was a shock like I've never received before. Well, but it's still one loss, but one more. Kenoh, no matter how many times we fight, I will definitely win next time. Shit."


NAOMICHI MARUFUJI, JUNTA MIYAWAKI, YU OWADA & TAKASHI SUGIURA 

MARUFUJI (to Owada) You go in the middle, you were the main role today. Listen, this guy was the main role. 
Q: You won against TEAM NOAH? 
MIYAWAKI: Yeah, Owada and I as young wrestlers, worked hard today with the determination to make Noah more exciting, so we did our best today. 
OWADA: Today, I was finally able to get one win over HI69, but I will show that I am even stronger than today!
Q: What about your perspective? 
MARUFUJI: It's great, isn't it? You're so much better than their juniors, and you beat that guy today, so you're going to beat them for the rest of your life. I don't know yet about TEAM NOAH. I don't know if it is because of NOAH that the wrestlers, who have been taking a step back until now, are putting some kind of thought into it for Noah or not. In reality, it's for our own sake. I think it's a wonderful feeling, and that's why it was so good. The match was fun. But look, today we won. It's fine to fight with other promotions, but wouldn't it be okay to do that with us? Well, it was interesting, so please do your best. If you are going to do it, then do it to the fullest. But I'm not going to stand by and watch, I'm going to be at the front line as well. 
SUGIURA: The youngsters worked hard today. You can't just say TEAM NOAH, and then suddenly win. If you say TEAM NOAH, then you might draw attention, but we've been here all along*, so we're TEAM NOAH. That's why these two may be more annoyed. I think that's what came out today, as Noah.  
MARUFUJI: Isn't it us who practice more? Let's start from the basics, starting from the things that people don't see!

*Takashi Sugiura, Naomichi Marufuji (and Yoshinari Ogawa): are the last three left in Noah from the All Japan walkout.   

TEAM NOAH (GO SHIOZAKI, MOHAMMED YONE, AKITOSHI SAITO, ATSUSHI KOTOGE & HI69)
SHIOZAKI: I'm sorry. Shit!
SAITO: Outrageous! You saw how the team leader fought to the end, right? This is how you fight when it's two against one! We've been crushed under and stood up again for a long time, so this is nothing! I'm going to keep going up, so keep an eye out!
YONE: Let's go!
KOTOGE: Let's climb up!
SAITO: By the fingertips! 
KOTOGE: Let's climb up!
EVERYONE: TEAM NOAH!


DAGA
"Like I said, Viva La Raza! Proud Mexican warriors, it doesn't matter how we win, we just have to win. You know by now, there is no junior wrestler here who can beat me. Japan, America, England, whoever you are...come on! The lion is starving."

YO-HEY
"Oh shit...I can't say anything great after losing like that. It's a little difficult...frustrating, frustrating. Ah! No good. I'm going to start over from scratch. Sorry Taddy, I'm really sorry."
(YO-HEY is helped into the locker room by Tadasuke, who says "Don't apologize")


GOOD LOOKING GUYS (ANTHONY GREEN & JACK MORRIS)
GREEN: This may not be your first time, but it's my first main event. I am grateful to you for making this possible. 
MORRIS: We were scheduled to face Kiyomiya & Oiwa today, but like champions, we responded to the change and defeated REAL. It was a tough battle, but we believed in ourselves, and we are the best tag team in the last ten years. 
GREEN: Former champion Kaito Kiyomiya, you won the Tag League, so whenever you are ready, you can challenge us. 

REAL (SAXON HUXLEY & TIMOTHY THATCHER)
SAXON: We challenged for the belt because we deserved it, but something just went wrong. 
THATCHER: No, no, no. You make us suffer, we will hurt you too. 
SAXON: Big Sax and Big Tim won't stop! We'll keep stomping up to the top of the mountain. 
THATCHER: BEWARE OF REAL! BEWARE OF REAL!

Comments