(NOAH FROM THE VAULT) Pro-Wrestling Grand Prize 2007

BEST WRESTLER AWARD
Mitsuharu Misawa

"I am honored to have recieved the 2007 Pro Wrestling Grand Prize.
This year I have been able to defend the GHC Heavyweight Championship against Sano, a wrestler with vast experience; against Samoa Joe, who has an overwhelming strength particular to foreign athletes, against Bison Smith, Naomichi Marufuji, Takeshi Morishima and KENTA, all wrestlers who have become pillars of Noah. All of the seven matches were a big trial for myself. I have learned many things from matches other than the championship match, and although twenty-six years have passed since my debut, I am thankful that this year was at the top of that time and I was able to evaluate all the history of those years.
In 2008 we will continue to devote ourselves so not to shame the name of this reward"

BEST BOUT
Mitsuharu Misawa & Jun Akiyama vs Kenta Kobashi and Yoshihiro Takayama
(December 22nd, Nippon Budokan)

Kenta Kobashi
"To all the fans who came to the Budokan to watch, I appreciate being able to fight in front of you there. I did not want this just to be a return match, but I never thought that it would be nominated as "The Best Bout". I think it is a factor that it became that despite the return match, that I tried my best to fight my hardest.
Misawa, our opponent, is a rival who has fought the fight, I understood that meaning when I returned to the ring.
My partner, Yoshihiro Takayama, has also been a rival to the best bout. He is a great guy who overcame a terrible illness last year and returned to the ring.
I am proud that I have gotten this award with these three people.
I also want to thanks Noah's athletes and the staff who did their best during my absence. I will continue to push forward down the wrestling road next year with the fans. Please continue your support"

Mitsuharu Misawa
"The battle with Kobashi is one I have been going through many times in the past, but I felt that Kobashi's return this time was the most pleasing than anything else we had done in the ring before. The fans felt the same. During the absence of Kobashi the feelings of the athletes who supported Noah in the ring and that of the fans who waited for his return, all responded to the feelings of the people in the ring with more strength than we could imagine.
This award was not recieved only by us, but by everyone who has loved and supported Noah.
I thank you."

Jun Akiyama
"Thank you for the "Best Bout"
I think that this prize was won by Kobashi's passion and the enthusiasm of all the people around me."

FIGHTING PRIZE
Takeshi Morishima

"I am very pleased that you have given me this award. This year I have been fighting overseas, mainly as ROH world champion, but next year I will try even harded and do my best to aim for the GHC Championship.
Thank you very much".

COMEBACK PRIZE
Kenta Kobashi

"Thanks to your support, I was able to return to where I should be.
Thank you very much."

Comments