(Noah): Interview with Kaito Kiyomiya (30th December 2017)

Kaito Kiyomiya, who left to train overseas, returned at the end of the 22nd December Korakuen Hall event. Kiyomiya, after spending half the year away, was bigger in body size. Kenoh, who fought a spectacular battle, is now the new GHC Heavyweight Champion and has had his throne challenged.
Will this be the birth of the youngest champion in the history of the GHC Heavyweight? This is an interview with Kaito Kiyomiya who is responsible for the Ark's future!


Q: You were away for half a year and immersed yourself in wrestling. What did you find fun and what was difficult about your first expedition overseas?

KK: Although it was difficult for me to increase my weight, I have a sense of accomplishment. I worked hard with the all the local professional wrestlers and I have good memories.

Q: How did you find the food?

KK: I ate steak to improve my weight, it was delicious and I have good memories (laughs)

Q: Did you take days off?

KK: No, I was living in the countryside so there was nowhere I could go out and have fun at. I went to the gym when I wasn't training. It was nice because there were no temptations, and it created an environment that meant I could focus on wrestling.

Q: Did you check to see what was happening in Noah?

KK: Mainly by social networking. It was great news that Miyawaki had made his debut.

Q: Obviously you heard about such things as the GHC Heavyweight win of Eddie Edwards and then the subsequent championship of Kenoh?

KK: Yes. Eddie taking the belt was the most shocking thing. I felt like something had changed in Noah. No matter how much he was a trainee in Noah, he is with Impact Wrestling now and that makes him an invader. Besides, he took Noah's belt and took it overseas. He defended it in Canada when I was there and honestly I felt frustrated seeing it there in front of me. Regarding Kenoh, his potential has always been high. We are on the same team and I have always seen it. The fact that he won the championship is not surprising, and I feel that a new era for Noah has now begun

Q: When you saw the situation, did you feel that you wanted to return to Noah?

KK: Initially I could not think too much about Noah in the beginning as I needed to get used to living abroad and practising as much as I could. As I got used to it I thought that I would like to take the new techniques I had learned and experiment with them in Japan, but before all of that I needed to increase my body and acquire skills.

Q: Although you returned in triumph, are there pros and cons for challenging for the GHC so suddenly?

KK: I knew that people would say that I had been away too short a time it only being half a year, but I gained strength from it. I experienced life and had experiences that you could not do in Japan, I went from small promotional matches in Canada to IMPACT Wrestling. There is no one else in Noah who has done such a thing and had such experiences. I want to show how much I have grown without worrying about what people are saying.


Q: What do you think about the fans and the current momentum of Kenoh?

KK: People were cheering Kenoh and the new era when he was talking about winning the belt. In that atmosphere I could not be half-hearted about challenging for the belt. I came back as I have to take the helm of the new era.

Q: Kenoh is an opponent who completely defeated you on the 25th June in Koriyama.

KK: That was before I went abroad, now I have made the challenge because I have the confidence that I can win. I am confident that I can take the pin now, even with a German suplex when I previously could not. Things are different now, I have various skills to use against Kenoh and I want Kenoh to see my growth.

Q: You have not yet shown it, but do you have a technique to use that you learned over there?

KK: Yes. Please look forward to seeing it.


Q: If you win, you will be the youngest GHC Heavyweight Champion on record. 

KK: I don't really think of it as I know I am Noah's youngest debut and Noah's youngest GHC Heavyweight challenger, so I think I can be the youngest GHC Heavyweight Champion.

Q: To wrap up, please say some words on the title match?

KK: Kenoh says that this the "beginning of a new era", but as this is not the era of the generation before us, I will beat the present champion and become the new heavyweight champion. I will take the helm of the rebirth of Noah. Please support me!

Please click here to go to original article

Comments