(Noah) Interview with Naomichi Marufuji ahead of 2nd February match at Korakuen Hall

Noah.co.jp
23rd January 2018

Q: The fourth single match of Kiyomiya will be at Korakuen Hall?

NM: He has been abroad for six months, he has gained experience and some confidence, and frankly I am looking forward to it.

Q: On the 6th January did you see the GHC match against Kenoh?

NM: The title match with Kenoh is the key part. You can see that he is completely different from the former Kiyomiya while watching that match. I was watching him as a "top wrestler" and not as a young wrestler.

Q: Did you feel there was anything to watch out for while watching that match?

NM: He has gained a lot of skills he did not have before going abroad, and I don't think he demonstrated them all then. Although I have twenty years to date and he doesn't, I have a feeling that he could sweep my feet from under me, so I will have to be very careful.

Q: There is about ten times difference in your careers

NM: Ten times? Even for a cup noodle, ten times is not quite right. I would like to show ten times the difference, and I've experienced such a "wall", I want him to feel it when he fights me.

Q: Kiyomiya is twenty-one years old. When you were about twenty-one you were crowned the GHC Jnr champion.

NM: Yes. When I was twenty-one years old, I won the Jnr belt. In that sense I want him to be seen as a "top wrestler" as soon as possible, and I think he has that possibility, so by all means 100% or 100% or more, I would like Kaito Kiyomiya to do this.

Q: What would you like to say about watching this match?

NM: Although this is not a title match, I would like to show the depth of the meaning of this match with me. So everyone, please do not miss this match and come to Korakuen by all means.

Link to original article in Japanese from Noah.co.jp

Comments