(Noah) Post-match interviews (Hamamatsu, 7th January 2018)



HAJIME OHARA

Q: Why do you want the belt again?

OHARA: It would take me an hour or so to explain (laughs). To put it simply, in my home of Kawasaki in Nakahara, if I was to win the belt and become the champion, and if 1% of the population of Nakahara likes Pro-Wrestling Noah, then Korakuen will be packed. Now that the theme is Budokan, we could fill it even if only 1% of Kawasaki came as that is 12,000 people. This is important to Noah, and I know this activity needs a lot of work. I will raise the average when filling Korakuen from an already over packed crowd. If I can do that for 100 people, and to even pull in 200 people, will be just the beginning for me. So if I can play an active part as the GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion then I think I think my dream will happen and I can give something back to Noah. So "whether or not I am the champion" is an important thing, I am at a big crossroad.

Q: Daisuke Harada is your first battle

OHARA: We have fought frequently so far, and again we did it today, the Muy Buien clutch is not always easy to apply, and I cannot easily determine the Katayama German Suplex. Harada's elbow and his suplex are certainly strong, but I think that the upper knee is the key to this and it will be connected to the finish. I was crying out to do it today, I wasn't too sure though and I had a sense I should resist and I think he was surprised I didn't. I think I would like to polish the move a little more, and then slam into the jaw at a good angle, I will lock my arms so it can surely hit there.

Q: You had a title match with Harada in Osaka at the end of January last year

OHARA: This is the first title match in a year; last year I was the champion and Harada the challenger. I made the decision to be champion too quickly and in that situation I did not achieve anything. In this situation I can say "I can finally say I am champion, if I beat Harada". Like last time I cannot silence the doubts, but I think it is my fate to create opportunities to do things better. I will try and create opportunity, so today, Muy Bien.



MITSUYA NAGAI & MAYBACH TANIGUCHI

NAGAI: Did you see them? Those bastards with the GHC tag belts? The belt is crying...I wonder if it is okay? At Korakuen. Maybach Taniguchi, wake up and say something! We have to get the belt from them! Say something!!
TANIGUCHI: (makes various noises) - Buzz Crush! Waooo!!
NAGAI: Lets take it to Korakuen



YUKO MIYAMOTO

Q: How did you find the match?

MIYAMOTO: I have been locking up several times with Kenoh, I am not in the same condition as he is, but I still have time to match him for the title. I would like to challenge "The Fist King" in perfect condition.

Q: At the Fire Festival and Global League you have one win and one loss in singles matches with Kenoh?

MIYAMOTO: I would like to show the difference in strength even at the tag pre-title match and then in the single, I want to show Noah's fans what it is like to win from Kenoh.

Q: You currently have three championships and are aiming for a fourth?

MIYAMOTO: 2018 has only just begun. I'm an "toshiotoko"* and I would like to hunt and bite,

*"Man of the Year" which means that he was born in the same zodiac year as the current year. Miyamoto was born in 1982, the Year of the Dog, which is the same zodiac as 2018.

Link to original article (in Japanese)

Comments