(ALL JAPAN) "Champions Carnival", the 25th day will reveal fate. Naomichi Marufuji talks about his thoughts on Jun Akiyama.


Tokyo Sports
17th April 2018

Naomichi Marufuji (38, Noah), who is currently competing in All Japan's spring festival "Champion Carnival" which is entering its middle stages, spoke of his feelings about reuniting with Jun Akiyama on the 16th. On the 25th date of the event at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, he will face Jun Akiyama (48). Currently he has two consecutive wins in B Block. So what does the "Genius of The Ark" think of the participation, especially given the pros and cons arguments from the Noah fans?

Marufuji, who has been busy with preparations for the 20th anniversary of his debut, since the spring, started the the Carnival during Noah's Global Tag League, and the days of going to and from both promotions continue. He faced Yoshitatsu (40) in the first official match (Nagaoka), then in the second won against Dylan James (30); his record is currently perfect.

After Noah's visit to Hokkaido, he will return to All Japan. "I am busy, but enjoying things that I have not experienced in 20 years". He showed he was enjoying the overcrowded schedule.

There is an extraordinary determination to participate of which he is determined to be unparalled.
Looking back in time he made his debut with All Japan in August 1998, and then went to Noah. Jun Akiyama, a senior, later left Noah and served as the president of All Japan. So there has been tension, and for that reason he initially participated.
"There was a conflict from fans about my participation in the carnival, and that is a fact that I cannot change. I am human, and it was emotional" he said.
It is also a fact that many varying opionions have been recieved from fans. Still, he was moved to recieve an offer directly from Akiyama. "I entered this world at the age of 18, I learned from him every day, not just in the ring. Because there is a man named Jun Akiyama is partly the reason where I am today."

He will meet Akiyama at Korakuen Hall on the 25th, this will be first first match since December 23rd 2012 at Differ Ariake. "I don't know what will happen until we try it. There is the possibility that something replaced will vanish and be replaced by chance.".
I am going to check the blank period after learning that.

Traditionally, on winning the Carnival it is customary to challenge the current Triple Crown Heavyweight champion, but "I'm not interested, I am planning to win, but I am not going to challenge, my number one goal is the Noah GHC. When I am at the Carnival, I want to feel the charm of it. I am greedy for it, so maybe it will be."
Now that the thought of the belt has been firmly sealed, he can concentrate all his nerves in the fight of destiny.

Original article from Tokyo Sports (in Japanese)

Comments