(NOAH) Press conference with the Global Tag League winners: Kaito Kiyomiya & Go Shiozaki


Go Shiozaki and Kaito Kiyomia, who won Global Tag League 2018, gave a morning interview and commented on their feelings towards the GHC Heavyweight Tag Championship to be held on 29th April at Niigata.
The press conference is as follows.

Q: It is the dawn of your Tag League victory.

SHIOZAKI: Although it was a really tough fight, we were able to win the Tag League Championship by breaking through. With Kaito Kiyomiya it has been emotional; I was able to win the tag league with a wrestler wearing emerald green. It is a big thing to us. I was able to win with Kiyomiya, but it is only the beginning for him, and although there were some things absent, even in the ring yesterday, we are developing a team that will go to the top and we will keep pushing forward.

KIYOMIYA: Yesterday was a tough attack, and it was a hard fight, but in the end both Shiozaki and I were seperated for a long time and like Shiozaki said, we broke through. The two of us have reached this point and to win is a pleasire, but at the same time there are some regrets in this tag league remaining.

Q: What are your thoughts when you look back on the whole league?

SHIOZAKI: The league started in Hakata. Kiyomiya became concussed, and I wondered what would happen, but we gained a solid result. They were painful fights, but the fans at each venue were intense, and although it might sound strange for me to say this, but I would like to thank our opponents and all the wrestlers who participated in Global Tag League.

KIYOMIYA: I had a concussion and I felt disapointed, and so beginning with Shiozaki I asked many people about it and gained strength, and it turned out to be a good turning point for me. I felt supported by everyone in this tag league.

Q: You have challenged for the GHC Heavyweight Tag Titles to take place in Niigata on the 29th April?

SHIOZAKI: Yesterday, "The Aggression" came to the ring after the match and the title match decision was made there. I want to win the belts because we have won the tag league. There is no other goal other than putting the belts on in Niigata.

KIYOMIYA: Since coming back from January, I have had an obsession with the belt. We won yesterday and I felt its momentum and I uttered the word "belts". Although it is a heavy responsibility, I would like for "GoKai" to aquire them.

Q: What are your impressions of "The Aggression"?

SHIOZAKI: I felt the height of teamwork in their match and I can see the bond between them. Masa emphasized this in the ring. We did not think about it, the league match is the league match, the title match will be different, we will take the belts from around their waists.

KIYOMIYA: There is a deep bond between "The Aggression", and I think the key going beyond that is the key.

Q: Did the bonds between you deepen during the league?

SHIOZAKI: In this league he stood next to me in an emerald green costume and we won the championships. The bond was strong before the league matches, and once we win the league and take over the GHC Tag Titles, I don't think the "continuation of the dream" will be full until then.

KIYOMIYA: In this league Shiozaki changed his costume and we felt we were "going to be a team". However, Shiozaki got a lot of attention and it was frustrating for me (laughs). However, since we have come this far, we will aim for the top.

Q: It is true that Shiozaki was a prominent part of the league matches, and he gained the win in the league final. Will you be going for anything on the singles front?

SHIOZAKI: I saw things that were not broken in any difficult situations, and even in that situation I was able to erupt. I think that we won this tag league thanks to Kiyomiya. Although I will always go for the singles, the feeling of this was discovered again thanks to Kiyomiya.

Q: In Sapporo before Niigata, the preliminary matches have been decided as "Shiozaki vs Nakajima", "Shiozaki vs Kitamiya", "Kiyomiya vs Nakajima" and "Kiyomiya vs Kitamiya".

SHIOZAKI: The first day is Katsuhiko Nakajima, the second day is Masa Kitamiya. Although these are pre-matches before the tag, they are different from singles matches. Naturally I want to win, and will challenge the GHC Tag Champions and I will knock them down throughly.

KIYOMIYA: I think we can keep in good style of we can win there, and I would not like to lose any singles.

SHIOZAKI: We will not lose, we will win.

Q: Kiyomiya, what is your thoughts on a single belt?

KIYOMIYA: For now I am focused on winning the tag. I have a goal to rechallenge for the single within the year, but I do not want to stop this for now and so I want to cherish this momentum.

Q: Do you have the same drive to win the league again?

SHIOZAKI: I was able to fight with the "Green boy" in the tag league. I remembered how it was for me at that time, and I think that was the driving force to form a tag with Kiyomiya.

KIYOMIYA: Since Shiozaki selected me as a partner, I have to thank him for taking me to various places, telling me stories and conveying intense feelings. I think Shiozaki is the driving force for me to aim at the top.

Q: How was it compared with nine years ago?

SHIOZAKI: Back then it was the Budokan, this time it is Korakuen. Although it is a weekday it was regretful there were not more people, but the voices of the fans are more than the number of people who have gathered and that gave Pro-Wrestling Noah strength. I want more people to see Noah so they will become connected with it again. I would like to see that. Yesterday was truly appreciated by the fans, and I and Kiyomiya were able to stand in front of them, so thank you.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)

Comments