(NOAH) "Challenge myself", "I can't thank the company enough" - Katsuhiko Nakajima talks about the reason for leaving Noah.


26th September 2023
Pro Wrestling DX

Katsuhiko Nakajima, who suddenly decided to leave Noah, gave an interview and explained the reason. He has decided to part ways with Noah, which he has been a part of for fifteen years and has fought for the last seven as his main battlefield. The reason was, "At the age of thirty-five, twenty years into my career, I wanted to "challenge myself". In this double turning point year with nothing to lose, I wanted to test myself and asked myself, "How far can I go?". That was the reason.

The age of thirty-five, it is said that many people stand at a crossroads in life, and he wants to test himself. As for his future, he says, "no specific details have been decided. It's my selfishness. When I told this to the company, they happily supported me. I love Noah, and I have nothing but gratitude to the company. I have so many memories, that I don't even know where to start. The fact that we all worked so hard together during Noah's difficult times, is an asset to me." His last Noah matches are the 20th October at Korakuen Hall and the 28th October at Fukuoka International Centre 2 have been decided. A Q&A with Nakajima, who also touched on AXIZ with Go Shiozaki, is as follows:

Q: Why are you leaving Noah? 
NAKAJIMA: At the turning point of thirty-five years old, and twenty years into my career, I felt that I wanted to "challenge myself". Being a member of Noah, means that I have been protected by Noah, so I decided to compete on my own with nothing to lose. In this double milestone year, I wanted to test myself and ask myself, "How far can I go?". I haven't decided anything concrete about my future, but that is just my selfishness. When I told the company about this, they were very supportive. I love Noah, and so I can't thank the company enough.
Q: You have been fighting in Noah for about fifteen years, including your time at Kensuke Office. 
NAKAJIMA: I've been in Noah since I was a teenager, and I have had the pleasure of having a single with Misawa-san, and so I have so many memories I don't even know where to start. If Kensuke Office is my home, then Noah is my second home. 
Q: Do you feel sad? 
NAKAJIMA: That's true. I have been fighting here since my days in Kensuke Office, and when Misawa-san passed away and the tough times came, I thought, "Is there anything I can do for Noah?", and so I joined. It's been seven years already, but the fact that we all worked together during Noah's difficult times, is an asset to me.
Q: Your last matches are set to be, "Nakajima & Shiozaki & Kitamiya vs Mochizuki, Seiya and Inaba" at Korakuen on 20th October, and "Nakajima & Shiozaki vs Marufuji & Sugiura" at Fukuoka on the 28th October.
NAKAJIMA: I think these cards are filled with the "history" since I joined Noah as Kensuke Office's Katsuhiko Nakajima.
Q: What is the future for AXIZ?
NAKAJIMA: I think AXIZ is immortal. It was something that Go-san and I created from scratch, and I have special memories of it. I don't think it has to end, even if I quit Noah, so I think it's a temporary break. Korakuen and Fukuoka are a turning point between my history with Noah and AXIZ, I would like you to come and see it.

Comments