(Noah) "Wrestling is fun" Kaito Kiyomiya and Kenta Kobashi talk (Vol 3)

28th April 2018
Nikkan Spa




When on December 22nd 2017, Kaito Kiyomiya returned from Canada on expedition at Korakuen Hall, the venue went quiet. He looked like a different person. Stylish hairstyle, bigger in body...however it was not only his appearance that had changed. The following January he challenged for the GHC Heavyweight belt that Kenoh then possessed. Many fans found Noah's bright new future there.

Kenta Kobashi also has great expectations for him. How is Kobashi looking at Kiyomiya? What is Kiyomiya's future path?

Q: Kiyomiya, what are your goals for the future?

KIYOMIYA: I want to challenge for the belt again by end of the year. Since I have returned home I have challenged Kenoh, lost singles matches to Kiyomiya, Sugiura, Marufuji, Shiozaki and so on.

KOBASHI: Winning or losing, victory or defeat, they are all part of wrestling. In terms of match content, "Kiyomiya has come far", because to me it does not get transmitted, how it is?

KIYOMIYA: The feeling does not settle after the title match. I have tried to do a lot of things towards the next goal, so I don't like to think that I simply lost. I have heard from fans that I should raise expectations...




KOBASHI: I don't think that you could not raise expectations. It would be unfortunate if every one of the fans expected it from you, but take it step by step, and it will happen.

KIYOMIYA: I enjoyed all of the matches. Wrestling is fun since returning from Canada, but I think it would have been nice to have been able to have communicated to the fans.

KOBASHI: If you can enjoy being in the ring, then I think that is for the best. If the person wrestling cannot enjoy it, then it is not much fun for the watching fans. I enjoyed the principal of it when I was in the ring. Watching a match, all fans should feel joy. If results do not appear every day, don't be worried.

KIYOMIYA: Wrestling is fun

KOBASHI: You use the Tiger Suplex as a finish, and I think that is really good. I hated taking it, but technique works fine. I think your bridge is very beautiful. The skill lies in how you think of the technique, and in not just doing it.

However, when I watched you in Yokohama, I wondered if there are more power skills. There were several brilliant skills, and you make your body look so light. You will need to build up more in the future, so you need to show what you can do under force. I think that the Tiger Suplex will have extra weight added then.

The rest are blows. You can do Misawa's elbow and my chops, and I think you should do what fits you. If you feel you can kick, then you should do it. You posses endless possibilities, you can try things, do what fits and get rid of anything that does not. I want you to try various things, make it your own, and create a wrestler named Kaito Kiyomiya.




KIYOMIYA: I want to put out what I think during matches.

KOBASHI: I will check when I am on commentary next.

Q: All of the wrestlers who have done these interviews, have taken Kobashi's advice; Jiro Kuroshio, the moonsault, and Kazumi Kikuta the karate techniques.

KIYOMIYA: I will also keep it alive.

Q: This year you will participate in Fortune Dream again, how do you look back on last year?

KIYOMIYA: Last year I tagged with Yuji Okabayashi against Takuya Nomura and Go Shiozaki.

KOBASHI: It was fun. It was between that or the main event as to which was the best bout. Shiozaki with Nomura of Big Japan, and Okabayashi with Kiyomiya of Noah. And how do young Kiyomiya and Nomura get on? I thought it was interesting to mix such groups, but it managed to fit expectations perfectly.

Q: This year Kiyomiya is against Takuya Nomura and Tōru Sugiura, and tagging with Ayato Yoshida?

KOBASHI: It is a fun Pro-Wrestling card. I do not know who will stand out. In the last Fortune Dream, Kiyomiya had to be led by his seniors, but this time, it is something that he will lead.

KIYOMIYA: I am excited. Previously I lost to Kiyomiya, so I want to win, I have met Yoshida many times at LION'S GATE, and he is really good wrestler. Sugiura is big and a heavyweight.

Q: I want you to show how much you have changed. I want you to have a match where not only your appearance, but your content has changed. There are lots of girl fans too..

KIYOMIYA: How is that (laugh). I want to show more than last year, this year. I want to show my iniative.

KOBASHI: I am looking forward, and expecting to see it.

Link to original article from Nikkan Spa (in Japanese)

Comments