(NOAH) Interview with YO-HEY & HAYATA (15th February 2017)


Q: Please tell me about Noah these past few months?

YO-HEY: It is not a simple path. There is an image that it is a major promotion, and you get this impression when you go there. I know that it seems like I am someone who jokes around, well, I guess that style will pass..I'm trying it out.

Q: Have you demonstrated your ability yet?

YO-HEY: Yes

Q: HAYATA?

HAYATA: Same.

YO-HEY: This guy (laughs)

Q: You two have been competing in Dove in Hiroshima?

YO-HEY: There have been a lot of matches in Dove and there are many teams to fight. I get calls from a lot of other promotions at the same time, and since there is quite a lot for me to organize, it is common for me to combine.

Q: Where did you originally meet?

HAYATA: Gymnastics...

YO-HEY: Gymnastics and (lol) Atsushi Kotoge was in Osaka Pro, and went in and out of the classroom.

HAYATA: It is said that Kotoge bought this guy in (YO-HEY)

YO-HEY: Oh yeah, I overslept. I was embarrassed at first, but we met at the next gymnastics class.

Q: What connected you in matches?

YO-HEY: I was in WNC Army in Hiroshima, after that it was Dotonbori Pro Wrestling where we got together. He (HAYATA) was in a unit called JOKER, but he left to join me and we went from there.

Q: Was it easy to organize the team?

YO-HEY: Huh? How do you mean? (Laugh) Well, even in private he is a good friend. Even outside of the match, we breathe at the same time.

Q: YO-HEY goes on the attack, and HAYATA calmly steps back...is this your relationship?

YO-HEY: Oh yeah (laughs) When I was in Dove Pro, I was in a popular team called "Gingin Boys", when I do a move or something that I did, he pokes fun and says "Don't give me that!"

Q: So like the straight man in a comedy duo?

YO-HEY: That's right (laughs)

Q: So, what are your thoughts on the GHC Junior Tag belts?

YO-HEY: Basically, we were two people who were working in a small venue in Kansai, so its nice to be able to challenge for a bigger and historical belt that everyone knows. If we can get it then our names will be known to the whole pro-wrestling world as we roll it on, attention is raised and popularity rises. It is a good opportunity...I guess it is good.

Q: I guess that it will rise to the National Constituency?

YO-HEY: Well, it may sound rude, but we seem to be "underground idols" at the moment. We need to crawl up from the ground sooner or later (laugh), oh well, I guess being an "underground idol" is amazing.

Q: What is your impression of Ishimori and Hi69?

YO-HEY: There have been a lot of people who have had contact with Hi69 in various places. He is known in matches, but I have not personally had contact with Ishimori. Personally, there were times when I became indebted a long time ago, but when it comes to being in the match, it is totally different. He told me "You can do anything". The body is amazing, he can go one on one with power and skill, his technique is amazing. The level he has and the speed of his techniques. I make a point to be careful.

Q: Ishimori said "We will be able to show good and different things in the Noah juniors with them".

YO-HEY: HAHA! I have that self confidence! Still, I'm not going to say anything..I am an underground idol (lol)!

Q: How will you capture the belt?

YO-HEY: Oh, well right now, I am hiding the ambition with a low attitude.

Q: At the moment in Noah the Noah Junior division has decreased with Kotoge and Kenoh going into the heavyweight league, and the new Juniors are being built.

YO-HEY: Myself, HAYATA, Tadasuke and Hi69, all those who have come to Noah, we don't want to lose to each other. The feeling among us is strength. We want to surpass the previous Noah junior wrestlers.

Q: Umm...HAYATA doesn't say much?

HAYATA: Yes

Q: You don't like to speak too much?

HAYATA: Yes...my words are in my matches.

Q: I see...anyway, the Noah show takes place at Hakata Stalene, a venue with a slightly low ceiling, does this bother you YO-HEY with your high-flying ability?

YO-HEY: Yes, I will break through the ceiling to the bowling alley.

Q: You will be banned

YO-HEY: I will knock the pins at the same time.

Q: I understand. Well, thank you for your enthusiasm.

YO-HEY: In the title match we will give 100% and take the belt, that is all there is.

HAYATA: Same.

YO-HEY: This guy (laugh)

Interview with YO-HEY & HAYATA from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)

Comments