(NOAH) Backstage promos - Toyama, 23rd June 2018


YO-HEY & HAYATA

YO-HEY: As I said earlier in the ring...hang on. Recently, that weird army of old men...is it possible to be a veteran army? Hi69, Minoru Tanaka, Ogawa, Seiya Morohashi, the old man army has taken down everyone in RATELS, and now we are thinking of only our grudge, I know those bastards have been two time tag champions but the bride took the roll today though, and we won against the tag champions. We won (to HAYATA) What does that mean? HAYATA-kun*, what does that mean?

HAYATA walks off

YO-HEY: Answer after the CM*!


HITOSHI KUMANO
"As you can see, I won today, even though the champion was trying to go outside the ring, but it is too late. There is one final pre-match, only tomorrow, and then it is Korakuen. Get ready Korakuen, I will take the belt from you stupid bastard".


50 FUNKY POWERS (MOHAMMED YONE & QUIET STORM)

QUIET STORM: What Revolution? Today's revolution was this 50 cm arm in your face. Kotoge is no revolution!

Q: Did you say that Yone will be having a generational battle? (the part about Kotoge doesn't translate well)

YONE: Wonderful. Good. Because I've been told that I am a "Festival Man*" since the second year of my debut, I have a long history. So if you want to see that "Festival Man", you have to push together against him.

Q: Is it still not enough?

YONE: I'm still not enough? That's embarrasing I think! I am soaking up the feeling that I have to enjoy it from the bottom of my heart, and unless this is so, I cannot convey it. About the generational struggle, the winning and the losing is there, and that preceeds anything.

QUIET STORM: Generations and futures and so on, understand that this arm is number one! The Afro is number one! No more questions! You know why? Can't stop!

YONE: Won't stop!

YONE & STORM: Goin'! Goin'! GOIN'!


MASA KITAMIYA

KITAMIYA: In Osaka, Akitoshi Saito was beaten black and blue. First of all, I wonder if I was able to pay him back for the first time. I think that local support is great, it gave me momentum, and they have ambitious feelings. I have that too. I know that hs is going to aim at the belt, but we can do more than just repel it.

Q: Is this the first time you have bought the belt to your hometown?

KITAMIYA: I have always had some feelings of regret that I could not, finally I think I have repaid a little bit of gratitude here.

Q: Would you say that you were supported by the spirit of Toyama?

KITAMIYA: This is the place where I was born, it is the origin of my wrestling career as I did it first at Takaoka High School here. My fighting spirit flows from here, my wrestling life all had its origins from here, this is where I started.

Q: You say that next time you will bring back tougher results?

KITAMIYA: Of course. More than just what happened today. I swore my determination to the local people. I will bring better results next time. That is all. Thank you very much. Thank you Takaoka, thank you Toyama Prefecture.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)

*Kun: Japanese honorific. Usually used when addressing a male whom the speaker has known for a long time, or is emotionally attached to.
*CM: Commercial Message (i.e. ad break)
*Festival Man: Carnival attraction

Comments