(NOAH) "I am honored to be able to compete in the league. I want to challenge with pride." ~ mini interview with Akitoshi Saito


Noah.co.jp
26th October 2018

Q: You have decided to participate in the 8th Global League for the third consecutive year. Please tell me your current thoughts.
SAITO: I am honored to be able to participate in single matches in the league. I want to challenge with pride.
Q: This year you have been crowned GHC Tag Champion for the first time in about six years
SAITO: Yes. I have thought of Noah in aspect to myself, and I have spend the past year thinking of what I want to do once once. It has been physically fulfilling.
Q: You will participate as the GHC Tag Champion?
SAITO: I agree. My head has a price on it, and I'd like to narrow my focus and replace one feeling for another here and focus on the league battles.
Q: You will face your current partner, Naomichi Marufuji, on the 17th November in Osaka?
SAITO: When teaming together he is dependable and helpful as a partner, but he is a frightening opponent, plus we know each others strengths and weaknesses as well.
Q: On the 11th November, you will also be having a march with Mitsuya Nagai, who you lost to in Osaka World Pavillion recently?
SAITO: I think it was pretty painful being knocked down unconsicous, I think it is "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth".
Q: Nagai is also expressing a challenge for the tag belts with SAKAMOTO?
SAITO: Looking objectively at it, I think it is a great thing to come into the dispute between us and the younger generation. However, its nothing something you can say when standing opposite us.
Q: Who do you want to face in the finals?
SAITO: Personally, Sugiura, but I think it would be interesting to face someone different like Kotoge or the young Kiyomiya.
Q: You are aiming to win the first GHC Heavyweight championship?
SAITO: Yes, I have always aimed at it.
Q: Please give enthusiasm
SAITO: Its singles matches now, I will turn my head to that, and defeat those in front of me.


Link to original article from Noah.co.jp


Comments