(NOAH) "In Global League, I want to show the audience that the revolution has taken a step further" ~ Atsushi Kotoge mini interview


24th October 2018
Noah.co.jp 

Q: "Global League 2018" starts in a week at Korakuen Hall on October 30th
Kotoge: That's right. It was good to be entered (laugh).
Q: Although this is the second year of entry, you might not have been chosen? Did you have anxiety over that?
Kotoge: There was insecurity, but I think it is the flying style (laughs). However, this is the revolutionary way, so if they didn't choose me, there would be no point and it would be regrettable, so it has been good to be entered.
Q: Since the revolution is still in progress, if you weren't entered in Global League, I think the audience watching Kotoge would not approve of it (rough translation)
Kotoge: As a competitor, I thik there will be wrestlers who will challenge seriously in Global League. However, I want to push ahead firmly without deviating. Even if it was not in Noah, I want to bring a bright style, that the fans can enjoy.


Q: Last year you were in fourth place with 8 points, 3 wins and 3 losses.
Kotoge: I won all right, fourth place, and I did not get good grades (laughs)
Q: I think you were nervous at your first appearance, do you not agree with that?
Kotoge: I did not feel comfortable (laugh). Could I have had more confidence in myself if I didn't think about the ranking and was able to win first place? I don't think so.
Q: I think it is never bad to win a fierce fight, you also beat the current GHC Heavyweight Tag Champion, Akitoshi Saito?
Kotoge: Yes...as I said, I thought I did well (laughs)
Q: Naturally you will be aiming to win more than you did last year?
Kotoge: Of course I will aim for it, as I said, I will not waver in my current style. The principle is simple, its meaningless unless I leave results based on my new style. I am concentrating on winning, just like the triumph of breaking in the new style, and the same as the revolution failing inside.
Q: Its been six months since you started the Kotoge revolution?
Kotoge: Only half a year. Half a year looking for a solution (laughs)
Q: It is important to manage your condition as well, as the league will last for about a month.
Kotoge: First of all, I will deal with it strongly and with fighting spirit. I will bring top form to any match. Recently I started to challenge without being influenced by my condition. Recently, I experienced an amazing switch that could be raised if I donned a cloak (laugh). So, its okay after all! So, because the cloak has infinite power, I can turn it on at any time!
Q: When you wear the cloak, you can always look for excitement?
Kotoge: That's right! The tension will rise in any situation! So it is better to wear a cloak (laugh). There are various people around the world like "I drunk too much yesterday" or "my boss got pissed off", wear a cloak if you are depressed! Wear a cloak and go to work! It will make you feel elevated!
Q: So, the people around you....
Kotoge: "What about that guy?" they will ask. I am the winner! The revolution will stand out, and it will become worrisome for outsiders to watch! More than anything, I people will ask why I am wearing the cloak when they see it and ask who I am. They will say that I raised the bars, and so I have no choice but to do it again. So, that is why I will wear a cloak and raise the tension!
Q: So, who are the wrestlers you are interested in, in B Block?
Kotoge: I am interested in one wrestler, Mohammed Yone.
Q: You will meet at Korakuen Hall on November 8th?
Kotoge: It's a close style with a similar heavyweight I think. He then says something like when Yone enters, everything comes brighter
Q: During the match, who will take leadership in holding the atmosphere of the venue I wonder?
Kotoge: We have a hostile relationship in the generational struggle. I will switch on to match up with Mohammed Yone, the customers will also be cool and spirited; that's why I cannot lose, I want to push forward. There is no shortage of opponents to make Korakuen Hall excited.
Q: I think B Block is troublesome, is there anyone you are concerned about?
Kotoge:  That's right. However, I am a considerable villain myself (laugh). I think that all the wrestlers who fight against me are "troublesome". But, it is Takashi Sugiura I am thinking of.
Q: The last day of the tournament is November 23rd in Yokohama, when the winner to face Takashi Sugiura will be announced.
Kotoge: Even with this style, I guess I will go packing (i.e. a punch) facing Takashi Sugiura.
Q: The match in Niigata on the 29th April, became quite a fierce match?
Kotoge: When you face Takashi Sugiura, it is probably the only match in Noah where 100%, you are likely to see blood.
Q: Even if it is a style for entertaining the audience, I think there is also one aspect of it is the foundation of the fierce battle, and there is also the aspect of hard hits. When you wrestle Sugiura, I want the venue to be excited! I cannot lose! I want to win! Do you feel like saying that?
Kotoge: I can start a fire. I think the image of Takashi Sugiura crushing opponents with the excited atmosphere is a strong one, I also think his style is awesome. I will win over him. You can see what is called for. He doesn't want my headbutt (laugh). I am adept at provoking, Takashi Sugiura.
Q: Is there anyone in particular you would want to fight with in A block, while pushing through B block in the current style?
Kotoge: Everyone says that the wrestlers are concious of Naomichi Marufuji. Naomichi Marufuji is a versatile wrestler who handles everything deftly. So I think the revolution will occur when Naomichi Marufuji is exceeded in many ways.
Q: Kotoge and Marufuji for the league championship would make an awesome atmosphere.
Kotoge: That's right. I want to persist with it, no matter what is said about admitting it.
Q: Please give a message to the fans at the end.
Kotoge: In Global League, I would like to show the audience, that although I am revolutionary all the time, that the revolution has advanced. That's why everyone at the venue will witness the revolution together! You guys, lets revolutionize!

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)

Comments