(NOAH) "I will be the youngest GHC Heavyweight too!" ~ Kaito Kiyomiya defeats Takashi Sugiura

Tokyo Sports Web
9th November 2018 

In the B Block Global League battle, Kaito Kiyomiya (22) gained a great victory by defeating the GHC Heavyweight Champion, Takashi Sugiura (48).

"Okay! This is the start. I still have more league matches, but I want to suppress the pleasure of today, and I will not give up until the end. I will never give up". The young man expressed delight, with a discreet speech like a loser.
Of course this is first victory over Sugiura. On the contrary, the GHC Champion who has made six defenses, has been beaten twice in the opening matches, turned his back and disappeared silently into the waiting room.

In December 2017, Kiyomiya returned from training in North America, and in January this year he challenged Kenoh, who was then the GHC Heavyweight champion. He put up a great fight.
In April, he and Go Shiozaki took the GHC Heavyweight tag belts, and he became the youngest champion ever. He has been watching how King Shame* has been repeatedly defending, he is continuing to aim at a chance to re-challenge.
He says that after this first challenge, he fought a lot of single battles, but could never get the results, "I think this league is a big opportunity".

He has not forgotten the original aims of his homecoming, to beat the record of being the youngest GHC Heavyweight Champion belongs to Naomichi Marufuji (26 years and 11 months).
"I have left my mark today, and I understand the strength. I want to win and challenge Sugiura for the belt to take the record."

The advance of the young man has begun.

Link to original article from Tokyo Sports (Japanese language)

(Nickname given to Takashi Sugiura by Tokyo Sports due to his lewd comments to them)

Comments