(NOAH) GHC Heavyweight Champion, 22 years old Kaito Kiyomiya is the youngest history, "I will defend the belt for one year"

Tokyo Sports
18th December 2018 

Noah's next generation ace, Kaito Kiyomiya, who has become the youngest GHC Heavyweight Champion in history at the age of 22, set his next goal on the 17th December.
At the Yokohama event, after a hard fight of thirty-three minutes, Takashi Sugiura (48) was broken by a fierce atomic tiger bomb victory, and he fulfilled his wish.

In the interview the next day Kiyomiya said, "It has been a year of ups and down, but at the end I was able to take the victory, and this will be the momentum for next year".

At Korakuen Hall, Tokyo on January 6th 2019, it has been officially announced that he will make his first defense against Kenoh (33).
On the 6th January 2018, after returning triumphantly from expedition in Canada, he tried to challenge the GHC Champion, Kenoh, at the time and lost.
"I have wanted revenge on Kenoh for a year".
Kiyomiya also spoke strongly on the subject of the championship, "I want to keep the belt next year". He does realize though, that he still does have some weakness as champion.
"When I finished the fight yesterday (16th) I realized I could have further growth. If I went into the match at about ten strength, it rose to twenty after it. During the title fight I was acutely aware that it was far more than doing dozens of hours of practice."
This is why he cannot lose the belt.
"I would like to grow more by having a lot of title matches, and for that, I will continue to protect the belt next year".

So, what is this? "the status that makes people?" (rough)
With the belt in hand that Mitsuharu Misawa wore, he will continue to win aiming to be the true ace.

Link to original article from Tokyo Sports (in Japanese)
Picture credit ~ Tokyo Sports

Comments