(NOAH) HAYATA: "The type of girl he likes... seems like YO-HEY!?"

From the "Innocent confessions 2018" feature in the March 28, 2018 issue of Weekly Pro Wrestling, in which "handsome wrestlers" were asked about the kind of women they're interested in and what their plans were for White Day (a romantic holiday in Japan where guys who got chocolates from girls on Valentine's Day are supposed to give them a present in return.)

The type of girl I like has short hair... but I don't like very short hair, maybe shoulder length. Why do I like that? Because my hair is long (laughs). In terms of personality, I do better with someone who's level-headed. Someone who's not careless. With a companion who's careless, it won't go very well, will it?

A while ago... I think it was in junior high school. I was dating a classmate, we'd just email each other sometimes. Though we'd see each other every day at school, we wouldn't go on dates.

We'd say to each other on the phone or over email and such, "Let's go hang out somewhere," but we were really busy with clubs and stuff. But we dated for a pretty long time. At the time I was serious about basketball.

There were times when I'd get chocolates on Valentine's Day. But returning the favor on White Day felt like a business obligation. I never did like those kinds of events.

Marriage? Though I turned 30 last year, I'm not there yet. I've got this bizarre group (wry laugh). (n.b. he uses the same word to refer to RATEL's in the "My Turning Point" article) But it's only when someone is around me for a while that feelings develop.

If I do get married, I'd want it to be a source of support for the fundamentals of daily life. There are lots of things I don't understand. Changing trains and such, all kinds of things.

YO-HEY's always like my intelligence gatherer for these things, he does it all for me. If I ask "What time is the bullet train tomorrow?" I'll get an email saying "Here's where you board." He's exceptionally reliable. That's why it's so nice being with YO-HEY. He also says the right things, like let's get on here...

So my type is a girl like YO-HEY, isn't it!?

(Translated by Purodino) 

Comments