(NOAH) "I have been with Noah for 18 years, I have worn the belt and carried Noah" ~ Takashi Sugiura mini interview


Noah.co.jp
10th December 2018

Q: At Global League 2017, four wrestlers (Sugiura, Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya and Maybach Taniguchi) all tied at the top, but lost in the official matches, Kiyomiya reverberated as he lost in qualifying.
SUGIURA: That's right...the sound of that defeat echoed. After losing two consecutive defeats from the opening night (Shiozaki and Kiyomiya), I managed to recover from it somehow, but to lose to Kotoge at the end, I cannot talk of it. The athletic Shiozaki I lost to, but I felt uncomfortable about losing to the other two.
Q: And as a result, it was Shiozaki who gave you the black point in the official match against you, he was a member of the Super New Generation army with Kiyomiya and Kotoge.
SUGIURA: Its frustrated, being defeated.
Q: The winner is Kiyomiya. After the match, there was a challenge for the GHC Heavyweight, and on the 16th December it was decided to hold the title match in Yokohama. In retrospect, on the 4th October, when Kiyomiya declared a challenge at Korakuen Hall, you dismissed him with "get results at Global League" and rejected him at once. Kiyomiya has got the results in dignified challenge.
SUGIURA: I will admit it, he got the results that I said.
Q: The pre-matches started from Korakuen Hall, and the result was complete victory (referee stop due to front neck lock).
SUGIURA: Well, you need to go with your ability don't you? However more you persist to respond to customers expectations, he could not do it, and it was useless.


Q: It was impressive that the Olympic Qualifying slam was decided on before the finish and you used the front neck lock to win the match. Did you have intention in using it?
SUGIURA: What? Simply put, he was not worth it. So that's why I finished with it, was there something wrong? That's why I did that technique.
Q: What did you feel was so disappointing?
SUGIURA: I won Global League when I was young, and whether it was due to momentum or power, or maybe I can put it another way, the daring is lost and they are too pretty. I did not feel that was originally so good in the young had come out.
Q: Kiyomiya has declared that he is confident that he wants to take the three count with the Tiger Suplex, because that was how he got the victory in that round. You were thrown by that at the time.
SUGIURA: Passivity in tough on takeoff, but in that sense there is a scary part too, as I can also clutch and throw.
Q: You still have pre-matches left with Kiyomiya for the three remaining events?
SUGIURA: I will not change anything. He is a challenger that is based on various circumstances, and there are various situations also being the representative of the young generation. With that now in your head, think firmly about it, and then come back to me.
Q: Well, Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium is close at hand this weekend, and the last big event of Pro Wrestling Noah this year. What are the circumstances of this main event as in introduction to it?
SUGIURA: In March of this year I took the belt, I pulled it tight and led the main event. If he is going to steal the show alone, it makes me angry. He may be a representative of the young generation, but I have been with Noah for 18 years, I have worn the belt and carried Noah, and I will show the difference in Yokohama as the culmination of the end of the year. I will defend and wrap this up.


Picture credit - Noah GHC 

Comments