(NOAH) "I want to advance the era" ~ mini interview with 2018 Global League winner, Kaito Kiyomiya

Noah.co.jp
6th December 2018 


Q: Congratulations on winning "GLOBAL LEAGUE 2018". I know you have been talking about it to various places, but please give me your impression.
KIYOMIYA: Thank you. Since I won the championship, I have been to a lot of media outlets, although there has been a lot of congratulations and thank you for yours, it goes beyond the feeling of winning to the challenge on the 16th December in Yokohama. It is a sensation that the battle is not over yet, so I try to keep my motivation high without distracting myself.
Q: This is your second "GLOBAL LEAGUE". The first time you lost everything, now you have taken the victory.
KIYOMIYA: It is amazing when I look back on it, winning from all those defeats. When I was in it for the first time, it was the best and I could not get my teeth into it enough. I think currently, it is because I felt frustrated with all the defeats. After being abroad, I challenge for the GHC Heavyweight for the first time, as soon as I came back to Japan. I wasn't able to win the belt, but I was able to win "Global Tag League 2018", with Shiozaki, and we won the GHC Tag belt. I think I had a feeling that my own momentum stopped then, and in the summer I felt I had stagnated and that the current had stopped, I think I also felt that my presence had faded. When Nakajima lost to Sugiura in the title match in October, I expressed a challenge saying "I'm next", but Sugiura told me that, "if you want to challenge, win Global League", and I think it can be said, I got a good result. It became an inspired decision, and a clear goal. Even though I was covered with bruises, I was able to win. Even though I haven't deviated from anything as a singles wrestler, I won the championship, and with the victory, my feelings became extra strong. I have had various experiences this year, so I want to make all of them into results that will be available at this last big match of the year.


Q: The pre-fight with Sugiura will start at Korakuen Hall on December 7th. What are your impressions of the champion?
KIYOMIYA: He is a symbol of strength. Even when you compare him to many different champions, that is what he boasts. I was able to win against him for the first time in the official first match of "GLOBAL LEAGUE". I don't think it is a bad calculation to say that I have the thought that I would like to aim for a the victory head on, with self confidence in my techniques. Since breaking down Sugiura's defenses is not a run-of-the-mill thing, and I would like to go for the defeat with a strong attitude. That's why, if I defeat Sugiura and put the belt on, I think what you can see will change at once. I don't want to stop the momentum I gained in "GLOBAL LEAGUE 2018".
Q: Do you have confidence that finally, you want to win with the Tiger Suplex?
KIYOMIYA: I was able to win with the Tiger Suplex to get the victory over Nakajima in "GLOBAL LEAGUE 2018", and I saw the pictures of the match, but I think it is dangerous to think that lethality comes at a high price (rough). I think it is good to have been practicing for a long time my finisher, and the Tiger is kept in mind. Since the costumes are new, and if I am able to make new t-shirts (laugh), and so with everything in good order, I would like to challenge with all I have.
Q: So, you final word at the end?
KIYOMIYA: At Korakuen Hall on December 7th, together with Harada, I will fight against Sugiura in a tag match, and the engine will be running full from the beginning. Since the GHC Heavyweight belt is a symbol of the group, whoever holds it, will become the face of Noah. In the title match at Yokohama on the 16th December, I will defeat Sugiura, and advance the era. Thank you for your support!


Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (in Japanese)

Comments