(NOAH) Kaito Kiyomiya is the youngest GHC Champion at 22 years old, Marufuji's record beaten by four years! Noah's "new face" declared.

17th December 2018
Yahoo Japan

Challenger Kaito Kiyomia, defeated the GHC Heavyweight Champion, Takashi Sugiura. The youngest person on record so far is Naomichi Marufuji at 26 years old, Kaito Kiyomiya is 22. He has also beaten the record of Go Shiozaki who holds the fastest record for taking the belt after debut and took the belt in four years and eleven months, by doing it in three years.
Kiyomiya used the Emerald Flowsion and the Tiger Suplex to bring to a close the fierce fight of 33 minutes.
However, Kenoh went on to criticize, "Your match did not move me", and requested a challenge.
Kiyomiya, who had been defeated in his challenge in January when Kenoh was champion, accepted.
The match has been decided for January 6th 2019.

The young champion has declared, "This is my point of departure, and I don't know how far I can go, but if I have support like I did today, I think I can go anywhere! The new face of Pro Wrestling Noah is me!".

Link to original article from Yahoo Japan (in Japanese)
Picture credit ~ Yahoo Japan

Comments