(NOAH) PRO WRESTLING GRAND PRIZE: "I am frankly, very happy" Naomichi Marufuji wins second prize.

Tokyo Sports
13th December 2018

In the 45th Tokyo Sports Newspaper awards, Noah's Naomichi Marufuji (39) was selected to receive an award by the selection committee. This will be his second prize since 2006.

This year marks his 20th anniversary debut, he won his first appearance at All Japan Pro Wrestling's "Champion Carnival", and on September 1st he held his own debut anniversary "Flight" at Sumo Hall where he won the victory in a reunion match over KENTA (37 = WWE).

Marufuji says, "I am frankly, very happy. I had planned to run swiftly through my 20th anniversary, and many thanks to pro-wrestling world, which I was able to express by going to different promotions. By being able to do this, we were able to make the event at Sumo Hall successful. I only have gratitude".
He is currently undergoing rehabilitation for left thigh muscle rupture (hamstring) and left shoulder contusion stemming from competing in Global League.
"In truth, I was aiming for the MVP by winning both Champions Carnival and Global League, so I think I still have a mission left. I will recover from my injuries, and do my best to take the MVP then. It may be "Burnout Syndrome" he laughs.

He revealed that he is returning to light training and added, "when I return from injury, I have decided that there are a lot of things I want to do. My motivation is high during rehabilitation, I have sworn there will be a 21st year after "Flight".

Link to original article from Tokyo Sports (in Japanese)
Picture credit - Tokyo Sports

Comments