The world of puroresu and the hope of three people: Kiyomiya, Hayashita & Aoyagi make their vows towards a new era

Tokyo Sports Web
31st December 2018 

Three young people are leading the 2019 wrestling world. Noah's GHC Heavyweight Champion, Kaito Kiyomiya (22), who has won the fighting spirit award for the first time in Tokyo Sports "2018 Pro Wrestling Grand Prize"; Utami Hayashita (20, Stardom), who won the "Rookie of the Year" award in four months, and Yuma Aoyagi (23, All Japan), who won the 2017 "Rookie of The Year".
What are the plans of these three people?

NOAH: Kaito Kiyomiya.
At the Yokohama event on the 16th, he defeated Takashi Sugiura and took the GHC Championship. His win at the age of 22 is the youngest record in the history of the championship, defeating the record of the 26 years old eleven month Naomichi Marufuji.
He says about the prospect of greeting 2019 as champion, "I don't know what is going to happen, and I have no predictions, but it will erupt. I am looking forward to varying my defense over and over again. I want you to see how I live and how I change".
With the championship firmly in hand, there is a reason to grow greedy, but the man has opposition.
When asking the people who they are aware of in their generation, without hesitation they say, "Kotaro Kiyomiya", who is "the monster" who plats professional baseball for the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters.
"When I made my debut (December 2015), Kotaro Kiyomiya was active in high school baseball, and I thought, "yeah..." and I thought of trying to make my own name as "Kiyomiya", and at that moment, the monster came out. I thought "what..." and became impatient, and now I feel like I cannot lose". However, as might be expected, reality is inevitable, he has had to look ahead to the competition he is facing.
"I have taken the title for the first time, and in the match I definitely want to go in such a way there is another guy named "Kiyomiya".
After repeated defenses, Kiyomiya will equal the pro wrestler.

STARDOM: Utami Hayashita
Her goal is clear; "since I have debuted, I have only left results with tags, so I would like 2019 to be a year of singles by Utami Hayashita".
After her debut on August 12th, she won the tag league in combination with Momo Watanbe, and won the Tag Goddess championship. In the single league the "5 ★ STAR GP", right her after her debut, she won second place.
It is a lot of achievement when you consider her career, but the great rookie cannot be satisfied.
Io has set the target with having the highest defensive record, being the 14th World Champion and the 10th Wonder Champion. "Io's image is strong, and I want to aim at all I can. That is why I want to get it. The "Rookie of The Year" award is not just for women, but it is for everyone in the world of puroresu. I am not ashamed of being a newcomer to this world." She says that she wants to become a wrestler, and has pledged further rapid progress.

ALL JAPAN: Yuma Aoyag
It has been a year of frustration.
In 2018 as the Asian Tag Champion, together with Naoya Nomura, he was forced to miss time since the end of January due to a broken ankle. The belts had to be returned, and he was not able to participate in the spring "Champion Carnival".
"I was injured when I won the "Rookie of The Year award", and was absent for nearly six months. It has been a year of regret. I told the company, "I will return for the Carnival (in April), but in the event of things, I returned in June. This year, I would like to put the most emphasis on entering the carnival. I will aim to be the youngest person to win".
Since his debut in 2015, he has been in four consecutive tournaments for the "World's Strongest Tag Determination League", but has not yet participated in the Champion Carnival, and he has set the goal for next year.
He wants to breathe new life into All Japan, "The end of the competition is decided as Miyahara, Suwama and Zeus, and in all seriousness, I want to change things, as its all about those three. I want to threaten their position."

Link to original article from Tokyo Sports Web (in Japanese)
Picture credit - Tokyo Sports Web

Comments