(NOAH) The birth of the youngest GHC Heavyweight Champion ~ Kaito Kiyomiya's interview (1st defense)


8th January 2019

On January 7th, after defeating Kenoh at Korakuen Hall the day before, and making his first defense of the GHC Heavyweight Championship, held an interview. The challengers, Atsushi Kotoge and Masa Kitamiya, will have a number one contendership match on the 20th February at Korakuen Hall, and Kiyomiya will make his first defense on the 1st February against the winner.
The interview is as follows.

Q: It is the morning after your first defense?

KIYOMIYA: Yesterday was my first defense, and I want to run through 2019 with the belt, and therefore I think I absolutely cannot lose.

Q: What about Kenoh?

KIYOMIYA: Even though I have defended the belt against him, Kenoh is still a frightening wrestler. I don't know what will happen when we meet next, and who will win, but I will defend. I know that I will have to get stronger.

Q: What about the contect of the match with Kenoh?

KIYOMIYA: To be honest, I have been fighting with Kenoh many times, and I was prepared for a tough fight. In the second half of the match it was such a fierce attack that I don't remember it. I was cautious, but worried I could not deal with it, but I think the next time I have to tie both ends together.

Q: "Kotoge vs Kiyomiya", you will be challenged by the winner?

KIYOMIYA: Whichever one comes, I will not pass this belt to them, so as I said in the ring yesterday, I definitely will not lose because I want to run through this belt with everyone.

Q: How was your experience making your first defense as GHC Heavyweight Champion?

KIYOMIYA: Rather than my first defense, my feelings lean more towards Kenoh, he was the driving force for me to win this belt. My goal has been for the year to defeat him, and everything that I have done so far was to collide with Kenoh. It has been what I have wanted to do for a year, and so I think that as a result, defending the belt will lead to further growth.

Q: Is there anything that such a young champion is worried about? Is there anything in your heart that you are set on?

KIYOMIYA: Always be cautious...I think that. Through the title match with Kenoh, I found the attitude needed to face it. I learned a lot from the passion of my opponent.

Q: As champion it is usual to give the message that "I will lead", but why do you mention that you want to "grow into" the image of the champion?

KIYOMIYA: Although I am the champion, there are many wrestlers I have to defeat, am I the strongest in Noah now? I think that different opinions will come out if the question is asked. So, in order to get past that "wall" for the future, I need your cheers, and I think I need to run up it with you all.

Q: Both Kitamiya and Kotoge are the next challengers, and are seniors close to you, what kind of feelings do you have about each of them?

KIYOMIYA: My recent impression is a strong one of Kotoge, he is the only one who fights the way he does in Noah and no one can imitate that I think, and I think that he will be a threat. Kitamiya is a senior close to me. I will stand up to the wall that is the upper generation, and he is the figure that I need to exceed here. We both face the same direction, and it is a chance to tear off a husk.

Q: Based on that, who do you want to win?

KIYOMIYA: I have not win against either of them yet in a singles match. Even in Global League I was defeated by Kotoge, and I have the connection with Kitamiya when fighting for the belt last year, so either is okay, and I cannot lose.

Link to original article from Noah.co.jp (picture credit to Noah.co.jp)

Comments