(NOAH) "Come at me you bastards" ~ Kenoh's column (January 2019)

Kenoh: What should I do now?
Interviewer: We are at Kende's Restaurant in Ichikawa-shi, lets record the serial... (Translation note: i.e. do the column) On the 6th of January at Korakuen Hall, you challenged Kaito Kiyomiya for the GHC Heavyweight Championship belt, and were defeated.
Kenoh: When I came for "My Turning Point", they were off until the next day! A New Year's holiday.
Interviewer: You were not able to take the belt?
Kenoh: Because I lost, I have nothing convincing to say. The most regrettable thing though is that I could not have a match that resounded.
Interviewer: The audience was crazy
Kenoh: There was so much more I wanted to do. I don't know what the champion is thinking (rest does not translate well)
Interviewer: The outcome was annoying?
Kenoh: That's how it is.
Interviewer: You were overpowered in the middle?
Kenoh: There was nothing I could do in the match. When you are the GHC Heavyweight Champion, you win, you receive all the completely forbidden opponents. I didn't use my finisher to end it, but there was no power like the GHC Heavyweight Championship. It is fine if that is the style of the young champion now. I just think that is different.
Interviewer: Certainly, the diving foot-stamp was not the decider.
Kenoh: The GHC Heavyweight Championship is the hardest compared to anywhere! I returned the Tiger Suplex Hold with a two count. Afterwards, I was not going to give him room to do it again, I couldn't afford it again.
Interviewer: Last year on the 6th January, he intercepted the diving foot-stamp with the drop kick, and you kicked out of the Tiger at 2. You will with a de facto knock out with three high kicks. This year, I thought I would see that match again...
Kenoh: So...I thought it was a match where we shared everything mutually, but I lost to a chaotic vertical falling type reverse DDT Tiger. Well, he was warned of the diving foot-stamp, and if he did not get it, then it is his victory. Pro Wrestling is a sport in which you receive, with him I had pride I could show the magnificence of the GHC Heavyweight Championship. To be honest, he was not a hard opponent, he is one who I get on well with. Myself and Kiyomiya, our match reverberates from the heart. There is reflection on that. However, I think I will win against Kiyomiya with the diving foot stamp. Anyway, he is someone who is protected by the company, and that is why that belt is burdensome to him. Do not defile the GHC Heavyweight Championship. Whether you win or you lose, there is a part that is something fun after the match ends, but it was not fun this time. 
Interviewer: It was painful.
Kenoh: Naomichi Marufuji returned my diving foot-stamp. So, therefore after one turn, I made a decision. Wrestling after all, is what you harbor. This is the story of a 22 year old young man, who is doing a fight that is stopping progress. He was much better last year. If you are a champion, entertain more challengers. I put that belt on without driving down the aesthetics of wrestling, its like that. The media is watching over him like parents, because he is only 22 years old. Look at him properly, like a GHC Heavyweight Champion...
Interviewer: After the match, Atsushi Kotoge and Masa Kitamiya challenged, the winner will be decided on the 20th in Hakata.
Kenoh: Booing Kotoge is not good (sarcastic laugh). In March of last year, that guy came out after me and Sugiura, and there were a lot of boos. On the 6th January, after the match at Korakuen, it is my duty to make such an atmosphere that such a comedy guy does not get booed.

(Next part does not translate well, but Kenoh basically says that this is Noah's screenplay, and the harm to Kaito Kiyomiya goes on)

... Dismissing Naomichi Marufuji's challenge and retaining the belt, the thought is frightening. Marufuji returns on the 2nd February at Korakuen, and if this happens I have no choice but to break it down directly.

Kenoh says he will change the direction of everything.

Interviewer: This is the screenplay for the way of the generational change?
Kenoh: It was. In the first place it was fun for me alone to defeat the alternate generation by knocking down Marufuji and Sugiura, but because I tried to do it with everyone, it finished up being vague. When you look at the cards now, the army is a mess (rough translation)
Interviewer: Good, you now see what you should do?
Kenoh: When I challenge Kiyomiya next, I will have a match that really resonates with the customers. I will take the belt and give that feeling back to them.
Interviewer: The goal for this year is revenge on Kiyomiya? 
Kenoh: You understand! Kenoh's screenplay!!

Translated from Weekly Pro (January 2018)
Picture credits ~ Weekly Pro

Comments