(NOAH) Interview with Naomichi Marufuji (25th February 2019)


Translated from Noah.co.jp

Q: What was the feel of Kiyomiya during the signing ceremony?
MARUFUJI: Although he is the champion, he doesn't have a feeling of being able to transmit an presence so much, but if I reveal the realistic Kaito Kiyomiya, then people will naturally want to cheer. You don't need to overthink this or be too smart about it, I'm not young anymore, so I am going to speak my mind...its a poor idea to try and put it in parenthesis, but anything less than the power of your original self, should not go out. It is because he is the champion, that I want to do it with a fragile Kiyomiya.

Q: What is your condition after returning?
MARUFUJI: It doesn't effect me. Because I had a good rest.

Q: Will your fighting style change as a result of your repeated injuries?
MARUFUJI: I'm not stupid. I wanted to be in a better condition than I was before I was missing due to injury. Is it a condition, a style, or part of a change of mind? I want to show you the part that has "changed".

Q: Previously, you got the finish with the "Keylock", it seems that the face of Marufuji is changing again?
MARUFUJI: Its something I've been coming up with for a while. Thinking about a new skill is hard, and its also about featuring new skills. There is a table in everything, just like if there is light then there is shadow, there is a reverse side.

Q: Personally, is this going to be a GHC match like never before?
MARUFUJI: It may be. If Kiyomiya's fans don't cheer hard, his heart will break. I don't plan to break his arms and legs, but I will break his heart when he loses.

Q: Kiyomiya is using the phrase, "run with everyone".
MARUFUJI: Will he run with everyone? Does he plan on being at the back, or he is carrying those people on his own? Well, I think probably the meaning will change...well, this time the "most scary and troublesome Marufuji will come out". Poor thing (laughs).

Q: What is missing from Kiyomiya?
MARUFUJI: There is not a lot of things missing. On the contrary, if he is satisfied now he has nothing left to grow for and his reached his peak, and if that is a  22 year old champion, then I feel sorry for him. That is why I dare say its all missing. How is he going to grow? Its fun to be honest as a senior.

Q: Are you wary of the KO dropkick?
MARUFUJI: Yeah, I guess I should be afraid of it. I haven't taken the Tiger Suplex yet, but in twenty years I have recieved many things, so it isn't really a problem. If you don't surprise me, then I will win. This will be beyond what you expect, and I hope to show you such things.

Q: What is the Noah you want to create as a champion?
MARUFUJI: Lets change, now that Noah will change. In the midst of this growth, I want to show something that is easy to understand from the viewpoint of those watching. Even though there may be no personal growth at the moment, for the promotion, I need to stand at the top I think.

Q: It is only about two weeks, how are you preparing, aside from the main event?
MARUFUJI: I wonder if I should get tanned a little more (laugh), or the hair a little more red (laughs).

Q: Minoru Tanaka, who is challenging for the GHC Junior, said that he would like the main event in Yokohama?
MARUFUJI: I know Tanaka's feelings, but is useless. I was in a match yesterday with him, and had he won over Harada or Kiyomiya, then I might have given it to him, but I beat the champion, so I cannot give way.

Comments