(NOAH) "Champ Talk" ~ Go Shiozaki

March 2019
Weekly Pro

"With the same debuts in 2004, Katsuhiko Nakajima and I, have always been in a mutually conscious relationship. I was in Noah, and Katsu-san was in Kensuke Office (Diamond Ring). We didn't team up much, but now there are the generation of Naomichi Marufuji & Takashi Sugiura, Mohammed Yone and the generation of Kaito Kiyomiya and Kenoh. Among all of them, we can say that we are the ones who bring a sense of presence. 
We had always come together before in some form, that's why I felt that it was a start, and we were thinking of forming full-scale, and I wondered how we would go forward with it. 

Any wrestlers who debuted in 2004 in any promotion are sandwiched between both the upper and the lower generations. Apart from the other wrestlers who debuted in the same year, the fact that Go Shiozaki and Katsuhiko Nakajima are in the same promotion, is destiny. Let's move forward, let's lead the wrestling world. I think it is only now that the time is right for us to tag.
Last year in December I won the tournament (Global Tag League), became the champion and then lost it quickly, but I was able to win the belt again this February.
We have similar personalities, and we match each other, even AB type (blood type). I want to do it this way, I want to do it that way, we can see if it can fit this way. Its easy for us to do, and there is also a part that is a peace of mind and we don't have to worry about each other. Katsu-san has a style that I can join with, but its interesting even when using a style that is opposite. 
To be honest, I have the GHC tag now, and I don't feel like losing it.

After the match, is it all about just leaning against Katsu-san and taking a memorial photograph? At the end of the title match, I had taken many things and so naturally, as he let me, I leaned on Katsu-san. Sometimes when I lean back, it is okay, because Katsu-san is leaning back too. I think it is nice to be a team that can support each other. (Shiozaki imitates the teacher from "Kinpachi-sensei"*, and says) "the word "people" means that people support each other (laughs).   

On the 6th April, the tag league starts in Osaka, but I have a feeling about the others. I am not going to think about the clincher here! This team does not (rough). 
I dare to say that last time, the belts were taken by Maybach Taniguchi and Yuji Hino. I will return what they borrowed.

Noah have started a new voyage, and I think it is up to AXIZ to decide the route. Kaito Kiyomiya holds the single belt, but I am not going to leave it much more.
When Nakajima & Shiozaki get together, I want you to see it...rather than, you will try not to miss it.

The official match is on the 14th April in Sapporo?
We will not lose to anyone. Its true that 50 Funky Powers have teamed for a long time in Noah, but from now on, we will spread AXIZ tag to the fans, the wrestling world and the other wrestlers. As the champion, I can only think about winning this tag league, I want people to feel the confidence, and the match and the fight that will come from that confidence. When tags are spoken of in Puro, I have the self-confidence that it is AXIZ."

*TV show about a high school teacher in Japan
Picture credit: Weekly Pro

Comments