(NOAH) GHC Champion Kaito Kiyomiya, expressing the "aesthetic consciousness" of mentor Marufuji.

Tokyo Sports Web
5th March 2019

Noah's GHC Heavyweight Champion, Kaito Kiyomiya (22) will make his third defense on 10th March in Yokohama, against Naomichi Marufuji (39).

On February 1st, Noah changed to a new business, the green mat (which has been the image in the past) will change. Kiyomiya said, "I would like to create a new view at Yokohama. There is a new era beyond Marufuji". He strengthened his resolve to continue to lead the group as a young champion.

From the time he was a rookie, Marufuji has driven home how to behave as a wrestler.
"He always said that "everything in life is wrestling. Costume is like a glass harp, "be careful of what comes out". "Be polite to everyone". In other words, he has an aesthetic sense. I practice that I was taught in my daily life, "I think about centering my body, and I walk confidently." He explains that, "Wrestling is beautiful. Even the earthy parts are beautiful if it is pro-wrestling. So this time, I want to win with my own aesthetic sense".
Marufuji, who is known as "a genius", has had a long time reputation for glamorous technique, he has won the Best Bout Award three times in the history of the "Pro Wrestling Grand Prize". 

"I think I can bring out what I have taught, although it may be difficult to flower. I gave to win in order to become Noah's face."
He will protect the belt as a magnificent champion.

Link to original article from Yahoo Japan\Tokyo Sports Web
Picture credit: Tokyo Sports 

Comments